所在地: Clark, NJ
国/地域: United States
The Analytical Chemist will work on raw material diversifications to provide savings and to secure our raw material portfolio. They will assist L’Oreal plants and CM’s with technical expertise, will work with 3rd party outside Labs on quote and results review.
This position reports to the Director of Raw Materials, Quality.
- Perform various analytical wet chemistry and instrumental tests on raw materials, such as specific gravity, viscosity, potentiometric titrations, water content, Gas Chromatography, and FTIR.
- Perform testing of final product using HPLC and various physio- chemical methods used for stability and behavior studies on the bulk part
- Evaluate and compare the analytical results of reference and candidate raw materials to validate whether or not these materials are equivalent.
- Apply existing test methods and procedures to complete the required analytical testing.
- Apply analytical chemistry knowledge to find a creative way to analyze specific parameters, when existing test methods are not relevant.
- Troubleshoot instruments and thoroughly investigate out-of-specifications results.
- Maintain accurate records, reports, spreadsheets , entry and maintenance of electronic notebooks and communicate the results to the supervisor on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with other chemists to ensure that supplies are stocked and equipment is maintained and calibrated.
- Maintain safe, clean work area and adhere to the L'Oréal's policies and procedures.
- Observe Good Laboratory Practices.
- Other duties as instructed by manager and the demands of the business
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS in Chemistry or related physical science with 1-3 years' experience.
Employee is accredited to perform above listed job requirements. Future training needs will be managed in the Training Plan and discussed during MAP Review.