Job Title Area Business Director (East)
Division: L’Oreal Dermatological Beaty, CeraVe
Location: Field (East US)
Reports To: National Sales Director - Strategic Partnerships
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy,safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
The Area Business Director for the CeraVe Medical Sales Team (Blue Sky Immersion) provides leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to the organization’s field sales function. The Area Business Director is accountable for sales performance, profitability and business strategy within a defined geography.
- Strategically leads a team of Regional Business Directors and Medical Skincare Representatives with focus on promotion of CeraVe to Pediatricians, Primary Care Physicians, and Other Specialties in Scope of Business Area.
- Meets assigned targets for area sales volume, pediatrician share of recommendations, field call activity and other key financial performance and activity based KPI objectives. (See Proposed KPI List Below)
- Responsible for Organization and Talent Development
- Hires, develops, trains, and motivates team members to achieve business and personal developmental goals and objectives.
- Develops a diverse team, while capitalizing on the strengths of each team member and invests time to remain personally connected to the team and to the organization at large
- Lead and develop elevated representative teams, CeraVe Champion Team and Regional Sales Trainers, identifying individual and team growth and development opportunities
- Responsible for National Sales Meeting and POA planning, organization, and facilitation, including identification of training and development need.
- Accountable for the sales area support budget. Ensures support investments yield productivity benefits consistent with established objectives.
- Develops and executes a business plan customized to meet the needs of the area, which is aligned to company, franchise, and brands’ strategies and delivers product sales growth while effectively addressing the unique needs of the area marketplace, including regional congress events, speaker program execution, and large practice initiatives.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and high-volume customers
- Uses CRM and related technology including the computer, iPad and internet applications to optimize efficiency, planning and coordination efforts.
- Collaborates with various L’Oreal and IQVIA internal and external stakeholders to fully leverage the available resources, including but not limited to, Marketing, Medical Relations, Sales Operations, Training, Human Resources, etc.
- Reports to National Sales Director, Strategic Partnerships
- Accountability/responsibility to stakeholders for CeraVe
- Peer colleague to other medical/marketing functional heads and Director of Retail field sales team
- Indirect (dotted line) report staff includes 5 Regional Business Directors (IQVIA)
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve Area Business Results
- Quarterly Area Sales Growth Performance Target
- Quarterly Area Share of Recommendations Target
- Quarterly Area Field KPIs (CPD, OPD, Reach, & Frequency)
- Develop Team & Talent
- Conduct Minimum 20 Field Engagement with Representatives
- Conduct Minimum 10 2-Day Coach the Coach Field Engagements with RBD/Representative
- Conduct Monthly Engagements with CeraVe Champion Team and/or Regional Field Trainers
- 1 ABD Assigned to Each Rep Leadership Team
- Facilitate National Sales Meeting Training Initiatives & Other POA Engagements
- Co-coordinate Training Initiatives for New Hires & Ongoing Training & Development
- Lead & Coordinate Strategic Initiatives within Area Business Plan for 360 Activation
- Execute Minimum 15 Speaker Events in Alignment with Area Business Needs
- Execute Minimum 20 Regional Events in Alignment with National Congress Initiatives
- Establish 1 Large Pediatric Practice for Elevated HCP and Patient Brand Advocacy
- Establish Cross-Functional Business Relations
- Complete Quarterly Visit to Hudson Yards / Conduct 1:1 Meetings with Key Stakeholders for Expanded Organizational Knowledge, Presence, and Engagement
- Proven experience and success as an Area Business Director of Sales or similar leadership role with multiple regions and large number of field sales team members
- Cross-functional experience (beyond Sales and Sales Learning & Development) and Direct In-Line Marketing and/or Strategic Marketing experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years Sales/Business Development experience in US Medical Sales Industry
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic thinking
- Strong customer focus and relationship in pediatrics, primary care, dermatology and or other relevant markets.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders
- Strong People Management Skills
- Strong familiarity with CRM and other Related Business Analytics Tools
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office, Power Point, Excel, and Word
- Must live in the geography, or be willing to relocate to it, and have ability to travel up to 50% (including overnights and/or weekends) is required
Additional Benefits Information As Follows:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.