Area Manager, Retail & Education, Lancôme
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of this role?
An Area Manager – Retail & Education is fully responsible for the success of the Retail in their area. An AM will deliver the highest results in all performance sectors by passionately leading a sales team to achieve on a daily basis along with building strong store relationships. When in-store, an AM, mentors & develops their teams by selling side-by-side with them, while seeking ways to grow each of their business doors, surpassing sales and service targets and other key performance indicators (KPI’s). A key part of the role is the development of their doors by working with and maintaining strong relationships with store management team.
- Recruit, on-board, retain talent and manage a team of Beauty Advisors of all levels.
- Lead by example in service and sales with your teams.
- Coach, Educate and Mentor the BA teams.
- Deliver expectations on all additional Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s): Staffing, Store Launch Events, Retail driving activities and timely communications.
- Research and maintain a strong skill base by using the brand training manual and Education programme.
- Deliverance of Retail Budget
Leadership, Training and Employee Development
- and the brand culture. People are key to our business and an AM must possess the ability to lead and motivate an area by developing people to achieve / exceed budgets by account and by door.
- Observe, mentor and develop all employees within the area by selling side-by-side with them and leading by example when: demonstrating product and benefits, building a sale, closing a sale, maintaining cleanliness standards, respecting store standards, following policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain store management relationships through consistent communication with all account levels. Conduct store meetings to establish strategy and next steps by season in driving the business.
- Lead the team to manage their time & set business priorities. Ensure rotas and calendars are planned a minimum 4 weeks ahead, this establishes clear door visit priorities, so that once planned and upon weekly review with direct reports there are minimal changes. AMs must ensure their team is well organized when managing their time and that Sales Executives if applicable to role are booking their next store visit while in-store.
- Communicate as required with teams on a regular basis by reviewing and analyzing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly budget achievement by sales consultant to reinforce achievement by door compared to budget, last year and company comparatives. Establish a monthly/ quarterly plan to exceed / achieve targets and growth by door.
- Consistently share learnings / best practices with Retail and Education Director as requested to evolve the business.
- Communicate and / or reinforce information from the company to direct reports, so that information is received by their team in both an accurate and timely fashion.
- Motivate and coach direct reports to teach and train their teams to be successful when working with all retail partner levels as well as with people at all levels in the Company. Mentor and develop direct reports in: hiring the right people, executing motivating trainings, planning and executing successful events, selling product, building the sale.
- Present & train new product as per marketing calendar. When training, conduct informative & motivating product trainings.
- Ensure in-store teams to create, plan and execute brand lead events.
- During an event, actively support the event and team.
- Review and follow-up on inventory, communicate issues/successes to team / Regional Manager and ensure team plan follow up appointments / events.
- Ensure top 20 lines are in stock to the best of ability via communication with the Regional Manager/NAM
- Notify all stock issues (including New Product launches sell through) to the Regional Manager / Head Office for follow up.
- Monitor, review and manage employee probationary periods / performance leads in a timely manner to ensure each employee is aware of their successes or improvements required. Inform HR – Retail.
- Make deadlines for all requests including but not limited to: calendars (as outlined by account), expense reports and event recaps. Complete follow through as committed and agreed with the Retail Partners and Team.
- Communicate fact-based human resource concerns and issues to HR Retail in a timely manner and follow through as agreed.
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organisational skills to prioritise tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various ad-projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department/store to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Passion for beauty
- Passion for people
- Passion for our products
- Passion for retail
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job,
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent ability to know how and when to lead and be a team player
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and teaching skills
- Strong ability in developing and leading a team
- Well-Developed Interpersonal Skills and Professional Demeanor
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Flexibility is required duties may require flexibility, travel and overnight stay.
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates:
3 years’ experience in leading, coaching and managing a sell through sales team of direct & non -direct reports
Good ability in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.