CMI ASSISTANT MANAGER – CCMI TEAM (CONSUMER, CARE & MARKET INSIGHTS)
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people.
Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
We embrace our entrepreneurial spirit in everything we do, always challenging ourselves to new ways of doing things. That means looking for innovative solutions, sustainable developments, and having the freedom to go beyond the ordinary.
CMI is using technology and data to drive insights to the business, providing in-depth knowledge of consumers. CMI’s mission is to drive Consumer Centricity, putting insight at the heart of decision planning.
Especially, the CMI Assistant Manager role is to:
• Support Group Insights manager drive and implement consumer insights action plan, providing relevant and actionable learnings to fuel the growth strategy of the business (consumer intelligence, assessment of opportunities, consumer insight, methodological innovations, etc.)
• Provide analysis and recommendations to ensure proper consideration of the consumer into the group/division/brand/ category’s growth strategy
• Play active role in the collection and systematic analysis of country consumer and market data (panels, socio-economy, culture, demography, etc.), ensuring information quality and accuracy
• Analyse the evolution of the UK consumer the categories and the competition’s activities, to inform the country business strategy
• Work collaboratively with our consumer insights agencies to identify major trends in the market to detect growth opportunities for our products, our categories and our consumers
• Define development recommendations to guide senior management, local teams, Zone and DMI teams
CMI sits within the Chief Digital & Marketing Office (CDMO) Team in the Corporate Division of L'Oréal UKI. CDMO is made up of 4 teams (CCMI, Media, E-Commerce, Digital) who support the business and drive the Digital Transformation. The team have the consumer at the heart of all we do. We help our brands to shape their strategy, identify new opportunities and ultimately unlock business growth in the UKI market.
Contribute to L’Oréal UKI growth by providing in-depth consumer and category understanding through on-going and ad-hoc analysis.
The role will be concentrated on 3 pillars:
• Primary research projects: Project management across a range of different primary research projects/ methodologies from set-up through to landing results, working with stakeholders and our partner agencies, inputting into research design including approach, questionnaire/ discussion guide design and final output, acting as the research expert internally
• 360 data analysis: Gathering relevant information from a wide range of sources (social listening, continuous data sources including Kantar Worldpanel and Nielsen, qualitative and quantitative data, desk research etc.) to build meaningful insights and recommendations
• Collaboration and communication: Communicating and working with our brands/ stakeholders, being a passionate voice of the consumer, updating them on trends, competitors and opportunities; building relationships with your stakeholders to understand their research needs and work alongside them to embed your insight recommendations, responding to category and brand priorities
Key elements to your role:
• Develop a deep understanding of the UK consumer, market and categories
• Acting as the voice of the consumer in your day to day role
• Work with key research agencies to deliver results
• Be part of the CDMO team who you will work with on a daily basis
• Know our brands and your stakeholders to preempt their research needs
• Produce deliverables in an accurate and timely manner
• Analyse multiple sets of data, extract real insight, and create outputs that help inform the business about consumer and category dynamics and competitive activity
• Communicate effectively across the business to embed market knowledge
• Be able to stand for absolute objectivity
• A minimum of 1-2 years experience in market research, ideally some agency-side training
• A sound understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (incl. e-listening)
• Comfortable managing large, complex sets of data
• Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
• Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate information and opinions persuasively, openly and honestly, including when it concerns difficult messages
• Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment, able to act quickly and juggle multiple priorities
• Willingness to spend time getting to know our brands and stakeholders
• Literacy, you will be writing reports and creating insight-led presentations which require a high standard of written English
• Ability to deliver projects to quality and time
• Confidence to take initiative, to suggest new ideas and to express views based on evidence
• Bonus: Familiarity with Nielsen, NPD, Kantar and/or IRI data
• Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required and get things done, you can manage multiple projects
• Into numeracy: You are good with numbers and can read and manipulate databases
• Proactive: You are confident building relationships with teams and stakeholders and proactively upskill them on consumer insight
• Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines, you have excellent attention to detail
• Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
• Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
• Only Human: We all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
• Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.