Title: Assistant Manager Consumer & Market Intelligence
Location: New York, NY
Department: Consumer & Market Intelligence
Reports to: Senior Manager, Market & Social Intelligence
The Department: The Consumer & Market Intelligence Team (CMI) provides consumer and market information that facilitates management decision-making on broad strategic as well as tactical day-to-day marketing and business issues. CMI uses a wide variety of research techniques and tools. As a business partner, CMI leverages insights pertaining to the Consumer, Shopper and Market to aid in category and brand strategies as well as Go-To-Market and In-Market strategies.
Job Summary: L’Oreal is looking for a creative, analytically driven, and collaborative team member to better leverage market, social and digital insights tools by providing Best Practices for the organization and developing thoughtful, actionable analyses that impact Go-To-Market Strategies. He/she will have the vision, structured thinking and business savvy to help syndicated data be utilized as a competitive advantage for the organization. The position primarily supports the Sr. Manger of Consumer & Market Intelligence, C-Suite, Divisional Senior Management, Marketing and Finance.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Support in the creation corporate cross-category analyses for CEO, C-Suite, and Senior Management.
- Develop and conduct analyses, and make actionable recommendations for organization that impact future launches and Go-To-Market strategies.
- Understanding of business practices and knowledge of the CPG industry
- Ability to leverage and integrate data from multiple data sources to develop insights and strategies which impact business and/or anticipate changes in the marketplace
- Ability to identify analytical framework and distill a vast amount of data from disparate data sources
- Ability to identify uses, applications and visualization of multiple data sets
- Exposure to project and time management skills (the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting and conflicting priorities and deadlines)
- Experience leveraging presentation communication skills, with ability to synthesize complex information for broader and verbal/written audience
- Takes initiative, anticipates team needs/issues and works proactively to address them
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, tolerance for business ambiguity; the ability to thrive under quickly changing situations; adaptable, with ability to meet short turnaround times
Preferred Key Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- 1-3 years CPG experience in research (Nielsen / IRI / Profitero / Clavis / Rakuten Intelligence)
- Prior work experience at/ with IRI or Nielsen is preferred
- Data expertise, Nielsen/ IRI POS and household panel
- Prior exposure to Kline, Euromonitor, E-commerce, and Social Media is preferred.
- Ability to design, execute and deliver analyses, which leverage multiple data sets
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred but not mandatory
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity - Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
- Interacts Effectively - Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks
- Manages Complexity - Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
- Achieves Results with Integrity - Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
- Innovates - Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship - Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
- Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oréal - Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business, understands beauty
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.