Title Assistant Manager, Commercial Human Resources
Location NYC - 10 Hudson Yards
Job Category Human Resources
Division Consumer Products Division
L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the world’s leading beauty company. L’Oréal USA manages a portfolio of more than 30 iconic beauty brands, including Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Lancôme, La Roche-Posay, L’Oréal Paris and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. L’Oréal USA also serves as the international hub for the product development and marketing strategy for L’Oréal’s 16 American brands: Baxter of California, Carol’s Daughter, Clarisonic, Dermablend, Essie, IT Cosmetics, Kiehl’s, Matrix, Maybelline New York, Mizani, NYX, Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Redken, Softsheen-Carson, SkinCeuticals and Urban Decay. Generating more than $6 billion in sales annually, L’Oréal USA is committed to growth through sustainable innovation, driven by the company’s Sharing Beauty with All ambition for sustainable development across the Group’s value chain. The company is headquartered in New York City, employs more than 10,000 people, and operates administrative, research, manufacturing and distribution facilities across 13 states, including Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas and Washington
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting HR Generalist initiatives for the L’Oreal USA Consumer Products Division Human Resources Department, specifically focused on the Commercial employee population. He or she will work with functional groups to help attract, recruit, develop and manage talent while aligning with the overall business strategy. In partnership with the Talent Acquisition team, he or she will also be responsible for managing our entry-level commercial pipeline, programs and strategy across the division.
Key Job Accountabilities:
HR Generalist Support:
- Provide daily administrative support for all CPD Commercial employees - initiate data change requests and ensures system accuracy of HR transactions including new hires, terminations, job changes, salary modifications and other job-related requests
- Complete and maintain all personnel records in compliance with federal, state and company regulations. Ensure protection of employee privacy following company policies and procedures.
- Oversee the overall FIT process and ensure onboarding is followed through for all new hires; this includes all new hire logistics such as announcements, space, IT equipment, company cars, RedCarpet, non-competes, systems access, mobile devices, corporate cards, scheduling check-ins, etc.
- Oversee employee exit process including workflows, severance (if applicable), replacement requisitions, etc.
- Meeting scheduling and preparation (reporting and data analysis) as required for annual talent review, salary exercise, Affirmative Action Plans, employee engagement surveys, monthly metrics through HRIS internal platforms (i.e. CAROL, Business Objects), etc.
- Manage HR Learning course enrollments for Commercial population
- Provide administrative support including but not limited to: assisting with coordination of internal moves – IT tickets, bins with General Services; assisting with floor plans and seating changes; Updating organizational charts on a monthly basis; Providing support for eTime approvals (bi-weekly), if needed; Processing Purchase Orders when necessary; Providing support to temporary employees across the division and updating the monthly intern and temporary employee file for finance
- Maintain strict confidentiality in performance of all duties
- Perform other duties, activities, projects and meeting prep, as assigned
Manage Entry-Level Commercial Pipeline and Programs:
Own Talent Strategy for Entry-level Commercial pipeline:
- Ensure we are promoting diversity and attracting strong entry level talent to the division
- Provide recommendations on how to improve our entry level programs
- Identify training and development opportunities for this population
Manage Sales Leadership Development Program and 12 Month Internship Program:
- Create job requisitions, source in Avature, interview, coordinate interviews with the business
- Source, interview, and coordinate interviews
- Extend offers and assist with onboarding (Red Carpet, IT, desk, I-9s, workflows)
- Responsible for check ins, attending presentations, coaching and advising on placement and conducting formal evaluations
Manage summer internship program:
- Partner with Talent Acquisition/ Campus Recruitment teams for onboarding, placements, check ins, attending presentations, coordinating events throughout summer
Partnership on Campus program:
- Partner with Talent Acquisition/Campus Recruitment team on overall campus strategy and coordination of CPD Commercial representation on campus
- Minimum 1-3 years of prior experience or extensive HR internship while completing college degree experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree in Human Resources and/or HR certification preferred.
- Preference will be given to those with demonstrated experience or education focused on employee relations, talent acquisition and talent development.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Some experience with an HRIS tool, MS Access and/or MS Project a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, demonstrated creative problem solving skills, proven ability to develop and maintain good working relationships, strong mathematical and analytical skills, good time management skills, excellent judgment and strong customer focus.
- Strong curiosity and interest in Human Resources function; understanding of HR disciplines such as change management, organizational design, talent management, training design, employment law, etc. is a plus.
- Well-developed communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to be able to build strong work relationships with all levels of our organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and work independently.
- Attention to detail and maintaining strict confidentiality is critical.
- This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.