In the Active Cosmetics Division, we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands lead the way in skin care innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver their promises. We invest heavily in research and development, and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
Our mission is to make a positive impact on people's lives. We are driven by human values of trust, respect and authenticity. Our teams work in a dynamic, supportive environment and work on meaningful projects that are changing the future of medical beauty. If you want to lead in innovation, technology and research, and you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, serving communities and acting for the planet, please join us!
The Assistant Manager - HR is responsible for supporting HR Generalist initiatives and administrative tasks for the L’Oreal USA Active Cosmetics Division Human Resources Department while working with client groups to help attract, recruit, develop and manage talent along with aligning with the overall business strategy.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Provide daily administrative support for all ACD employees, - initiate data change requests and ensures system accuracy of HR transactions including new hires, terminations, job changes, salary modifications and other job-related requests; prepares offer letters, compensation proposals, and open job requisitions. Ensure organization charts are regularly updated.
- Complete and maintain all employee records in compliance with federal, state and company regulations. Ensure protection of employee privacy following company policies and procedures.
- Support employee questions and inquiries; provide guidance on standard policies and procedures.
- Oversee the overall new hire process and ensure onboarding is followed through for all new hires; this includes all new hire logistics such as announcements, space, IT equipment, company cars, RedCarpet, non-competes, systems access, mobile devices, corporate cards, etc.
- Oversee employee exit process including workflows, returning field equipment, replacement requisitions, etc.
- Participate in recruitment and other employee engagement activities with HR team members.
- Prepare reporting, and analyses as required, for annual talent review, salary exercise, Affirmative Action Plan.
- Manage HR Learning course enrollments and employee follow up.
- Perform other duties, activities and projects as assigned.
- Minimum 1-3 years of prior experience or extensive HR internship while completing college degree experience required.
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Preference will be given to those with demonstrated experience or education focused on employee relations, talent acquisition and talent development.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Some experience with an HRIS tool, MS Access and/or MS Project a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills demonstrated creative problem-solving skills, strong mathematical and analytical skills, good time management skills, excellent judgment.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to build strong work relationships with all levels of our organization. Strong customer service focus. Must display executive maturity and manage emotions during periods of ambiguity, pressure and uncertainty.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and work independently in a fast paced and complex environment. Resourcefulness is key.
- Attention to detail and maintaining strict confidentiality is critical.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.