Assistant Manager, Marketing - Business Analyst (Carol's Daughter / Softsheen Carson)
Job: Assistant Manager, Marketing - Business Analyst (CDSC)
Position type: Permanent
Employment type: Full - Time
Location: New York - New York
The Business Analyst is an expert at compiling informed consumer insights from multiple qualitative and quantitative (Nielsen, HH Panel, Spectra, Ecomm, etc.) sources. They work very closely with the other members of the squad, especially the brand marketers and the shopper marketer, to share conclusions and trends that translate into insights.
The Business Analyst also acts as a brand marketing support to the Director and will own the execution of assigned brand activation plans.
- Collect, aggregate and synthesize sales, market and consumer data
- Track sales of the category on a weekly basis and provide key highlights, challenges/risks and opportunities to the Category Head, BBD team and broader squad.
- Create and update launch trackers
- Monitor reviews and ratings and consumer sentiment through social listening to report back learnings and insights
- Conduct competitive research including new launches, pricing, and sales drivers
- Track trends that impact the category (via Google/SEO, etc.) and translate into insights
- Responsible for preparing all upfront business analytics for meetings including category performance, drivers and other specific analyses requested
- Execution of brand activations plans as assigned by N+1
- Inform brand strategy with quantitative insight on effectiveness of tactics, sales drivers, ROI, and competitive products
- Be the designated category expert on the pulse of trends, retailer dynamics, and competitive brand performance/go-to-market tactics
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years of experience
- Marketing experience in the beauty industry preferred
- Demonstrated L’Oréal Competencies: Leadership, Entrepreneurial Management, Achiever, and Innovator
- Market Research: ability to read and interpret research data
- PC Proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Information & Data management
- Rigorous quantitative data analysis skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Prioritization & Organization Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills (written and oral)
- Strong appreciation for our business / sensitivity to métier
- Must be professional and energetic with a positive attitude
- Strong collaborator across business functions
- Ability to deliver projects from conception to final execution
- Strong project management skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, rigorous quantitative data analysis and insight
- Agility & Flexibility: Demonstration of performance under rapid-changing circumstances, tight deadlines, openness to change and to a dynamic role
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.