Job Title: Assistant Manager, Employee Transitions & Talent Services
Division: Corporate, BEST HR Talent Services
Location: Tampa, FL
Reports To: Manager, Employee Transitions
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity. L’Oréal USA is excited to announce the establishment of a People Services function called BEST HR, based in Tampa, Florida. BEST HR will take on and centralize critical, operational Human Resources work with a goal of increasing collaboration, leveraging shared knowledge, and creating a more consistent employee experience. Come join our dynamic team and help us elevate the employee journey!
What You Will Do:
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to be part of our Employee Transitions team within our BEST HR organization. This team will work closely with the People Experience, Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards departments of L’Oréal USA to oversee critical centralized employee processes related to employee transitions throughout the employee lifecycle. Specifically, they will manage the procedures related to onboarding of new hires, cross-boarding of talent moves and off-boarding of exiting employees. They will be experts in our HRIS tools and ensure smooth employee transitions during the employee journey coordinating closely with People Managers, the other BEST HR functions and our HR Business Partners throughout L’Oréal USA. The Assistant Manager will perform the below responsibilities, among others, in support of the BEST HR Talent Services team goals and objectives:
- This role will play a significant role in managing and facilitating our Employee Welcome Center, a companywide orientation session for all L’Oréal USA employees. They will:
- Manage all logistics for Employee Welcome Center including but not limited to booking conference room, managing invites, arranging speakers, room setup / breakdown, shipping/receiving materials, etc.
- Manage presentation file and materials ensuring the content is always up to date
- Co-facilitate/present Employee Welcome Center
- Partner with Manager, Employee Experience team and People Development & Learning team to review, assess and improve program
- Develop and maintaining system for tracking team KPIs, and metrics. Analyze metrics, offer suggestions for improvement and work with manager to define best ways of working for the team
- Serve as escalation point for unresolved and complex employee transition situations. Support and liaison day-to-day interactions with Specialists/Sr. Specialists as needed
- Role includes opportunity to provide leadership coverage in manager’s absence
- Collaborate with all BEST HR teams (Total Rewards, PDL, Employee Support, Employee Relations, Data Analytics), HR Business Partners, People managers and partner Talent Services functions to provide best in class onboarding, cross-oarding and offboarding experiences for our employees
What We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience in HR analyst or senior specialist role in comparable work environment
- Undergraduate degree, preferred programs of degree are Human Resources Management, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Business Administration, Business Intelligence or Analytics
- 2+ years of experience within a large, complex, matrixed organization, specifically in the functions of Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management or Employee Engagement.
- Experience with CPG, Beauty and international organizations is preferred but not required
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Self-starter and capable of working under minimum supervision
- Well-developed computer skills, including knowledge in all Microsoft 365 programs; proficiency in Teams, Word, Excel and Power Point required. Power BI experience preferred
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- Work efficiently while remaining flexible to unforeseen changes in direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, planning skills and follow-up skills
- Strong customer service focus and ability to develop strong internal and external networks
- Enthusiastic team player, creative/innovative thinker with a passion for process improvement
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and sense of urgency in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive data and information on a regular basis
- Previous experience with SAP SuccessFactors
- This role is office based and requires using standard office equipment (computer, keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc.). May require significant amounts of desk work (sitting) and employees are encouraged to follow ergonomic best practices. While no strenuous physical needs are anticipated, lifting up to 10 pounds may be required at times
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
What’s In It For You:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan
- Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More
- VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Phone Allowance
- Unlimited Access to eLearning, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More
- Think Tanks and Innovation Squads
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.