Assistant Manager, eRetail
L’Oreal USA Active Cosmetics Division
In the Active Cosmetics Division, we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands (CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche Posay, Vichy and Dermablend) lead the way in skin care innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver their promises. We invest heavily in research and development, and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
Our mission is to make a positive impact on people's lives. We are driven by human values of trust, respect and authenticity. Our teams work in a dynamic, supportive environment and work on meaningful projects that are changing the future of medical beauty. If you want to lead in innovation, technology and research, and you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, serving communities and acting for the planet, please join us!
The L’Oreal Active Cosmetics Division (ACD) is looking for a passionate, bright and energetic digital candidate to join the eBusiness team arm responsible for eRetailer accounts with an emphasis on Walmart.com, Target.com and Ulta.com and up-and-coming food/drug accounts for Cerave, La Roche-Posay and Vichy.
The Assistant Manager will constantly ensure that the brands have a maximized omnichannel presence and maximizing the digital shelf in order to win market share with mass and professional skincare focused indirect ecommerce accounts - focus on content, improving the user experience, understanding the algorithm, merchandising /visibility with the accounts and supporting the team with the needed strategic acceleration across a broader set of retailer and delivery services.
The role requires the ability to strategize and execute the best proactive and reactive digital programs to meet ACD’s sell-in and sell-out objectives. This includes accountability for ownership of execution on content, customer experience, data driven marketing, sampling, media and category development, while working cross-functionally and executing programs across various digital media platforms to position ACD brands as ecommerce leaders. Candidate must be outgoing, have strong digital, analytical and marketing skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage internal and external resources to successfully bring projects to life.
The basic duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Overall Marketing Responsibilities – 50%
- Build best in class content & advice driven online merchandising:
- Work with Marketing team closely on content creation (copy, images, videos)
- Work on product set up process and A+ content for launches and ongoing maintenance (copy, images, videos, review generation, etc.)
- Work with brand liaisons in the US and DMI teams to ensure alignment and that needs are met
- Work with DMI teams to communicate US content needs and share best practices
- Produce content in company’s content studio to solve for business needs
- Accountable for quality of customer experience on Amazon brand content pages including product detail pages and brand store
- Catalog management
- Catalog management for the 3 brands of internal and external tools (DAM/PIM, Salsify, and other systems as needed) and ensure and advise on catalog integrity for all Active Cosmetic Division brands
- Collaborate with Amazon Mass, Amazon Pro, and eRetail teams to share best practices
Data Driven Responsibilities – 50%
- Algorithm / digital shelf:
- Monitor algorithm across various eRetail websites to ensure learnings are built into optimization for content and media
- Competitive analysis
- Search optimization:
- Work to optimize all content for SEO to achieve high ranking and visibility
- Monitor impact of search optimization to ensure we are reaching the right customers
- Work with internal teams to ensure media and content strategy are working together for optimal sale and conversion
- Support daily customer centric responsibilities:
- Monitor customer user generated content (reviews, Q&As) and facilitate response working with the brands and Customer Care Center teams
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales to ensure that strategy is being executed and optimized
- Analysis and reporting as needed:
- Analyze retailer reporting dashboards and run relevant reports and present findings to measure sales and conversion
- Optimize content based on results driven data
- Ambition to pursue new projects and drive new ideas to evolve responsibilities
- At least 2 years of marketing background or prior experience in marketing content creation
- Strong understanding of the Digital and Beauty Industry
- High proficiency in Excel (including pivot tables) and data analysis
- High proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint programs. Ability to create high impact presentations.
- Detail oriented is a must
- Proactive and results oriented thinker who would flourish in an entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are championed
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in both oral and written forms
- Demonstrates interest and enthusiasm for marketing and communications (digital marketing, advertising, media)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Beauty and skincare experience preferred
- Experience with Amazon a plus, but not required
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate solid experience in pulling, mining, and synthesizing data into stories
- Must be skilled at executing within tight timeframes with attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.