POSITION: Assistant Manager, Channel Marketing
REPORTS TO: Director, Channel Marketing
LOCATION: St Petersburg, FL (SalonCentric National Operations Center)
Support the Channel Marketing Director in planning and executing integrated marketing programs, retail events and POP merchandising materials for SalonCentric. Grow sales and build customer loyalty through successful implementation of traffic-driving programs, compelling promotions, impactful in-store merchandising, Salon Success Consultant support and social media. Assist with internal communications to ensure successful execution by channel teams. Manage State RDA marketing needs and support with offline and online assets as needed to support the business.
Planning, Production and Delivery of Merchandising Materials
- Manage production and delivery of monthly store marketing materials for SalonCentric, SalonCentric franchises and State RDA. Brief Creative Services and vendors. Manage timelines and coordinate logistics such as quantities, shipping, and dimensions to ensure on-time execution within budget.
- Work with Category Management and Store Operations to determine promotions to be featured on monthly shelf talkers and signage. Create signage for drop-in deals. Accountable for ensuring all signage is accurate and complete.
- Provide clear creative and copy direction to Creative Services. Critically evaluate creative to optimize visual impact and effectiveness in a retail environment. Ensure all communication has a compelling call to action and that all exclusions and legal copy are included as relevant.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams and execute contests including developing rules with Legal, tabulating results, notifying winners and delivering prizes.
- Source merchandising and promotional items from outside vendors (e.g. displays, gifts-with-purchase, POP collateral).
- Manage vendor payments, set up and purchase orders as needed.
Promote SalonCentric & Brand Initiatives
- Manage marketing support of in store events including; Grand Openings, New Stores, Relocations and Shop & Learns. Work with education event managers to create compelling in store events and animated themes that drive sales and increased traffic.
- Collaborate with AVP & Director on annual Reference Guide that includes details on all programs available to Brands as well as participation requirements, materials specifications and dimensions and other relevant information.
- Work with brands to identify merchandising and promotional opportunities, providing direction to optimize brand merchandising materials and coordinating logistics of production and delivery of Brand POP materials.
Assist with Internal / External Communication of Marketing Programs
- Collaborate with Customer Experience Team including CRM, Social Media, Education, Site/App, Publications and Education to promote events and drive traffic to via offline and online vehicles.
- Partner with Visual Merchandising and Store Communication team to ensure that all programs are communicated to relevant teams at the appropriate time during both planning and implementation. Create monthly reference on what marketing materials stores will receive. Be a part of team calls and meetings as needed.
- Assist as needed with all aspects of planning internal events such as National SalonCentric Conference, Beauty Guru training and Leadership summit. Support to include branding and directional signage, sourcing materials and giveaways. Participate in on-site set up and execution of the event when possible or support via Teams.
Optimize Effectiveness of Marketing initiatives
- Monitor key competitors and identify best retail marketing & merchandising practices across all industries including staying abreast of new technologies that are being successfully used in retail environments. Make recommendations for implementing at SalonCentric.
- Analyze results of Marketing programs and share key learnings with internal teams as well as with Brand partners
- Conduct informal / formal market research with store shoppers and store associates to optimize results.
- At least 2 years of relevant marketing experience in Retail (visual merchandising, store marketing, copy writing), Brand Management and or Advertising / Promotional agency (account management)
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to coordinate across the cross-functional team to achieve successful execution on time, within budget and in line with strategic direction. Proactive and persistent in driving projects to completion and following up on deliverables from other departments. Resourceful in seeking out information and identifying solutions to problems.
- Multi-tasker able to work in a fast-paced environment and accelerate multiple projects simultaneously while remaining detail-oriented & deadline-driven.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills. Able to interact professionally with all levels of management, brand partners and outside vendors. Able to mobilize others to achieve results.
- Able to provide clear creative & copy direction and provide constructive feedback to enhance impact and effectiveness of communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Marketing, Advertising, Business or Retail Management preferred
- Occasional travel required for store visits and meetings