STORE MANAGER - Atelier Cologne
We are looking for a Store Manager at our Atelier Cologne store on Elizabeth Street in Nolita, NYC. As an Atelier Cologne Store Manager, you are the ultimate ambassador of our brand. You’re accountable for creating a highly productive environment in which customers have an extraordinary experience, employees are able to do their best and the business thrives. This requires a constant balancing of priorities, including strategic, operational & leadership excellence with an authentic approach.
Leadership & People Management
- Manage overall team performance & growth:
- Recognize contribution of others and celebrate success
- Manage and monitor team morale & talent retention
- Provide clear feedback and regular coaching
- Foster team’s ongoing growth & development through both training & on-the-job learning
- Manage performance, handle issues & resolve conflict in a calm, objective & fact-based manner
- Build a world-class talent pool
- High-quality recruitment & selection, both for open roles & proactively for the future
- Ensure that your team is diverse & reflective of your customer demographic
- Enable successful on-boarding of new staff
- Create & execute a strategy for effective store communications (team-based as well as one-on-one) to ensure that your staff is involved & updated
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth
Create the Customer Experience
- Lead by example to create and manage a highly productive artistry engaging environment and a team that consistently delivers transformational customer experiences by providing consistent training & coaching
- Take ownership for the customer journey in your store – customize it for your customer demographic & enable your team to develop & maintain productive customer relationship
Represent the Brand
- Emulate the brand aesthetic & embody a strong sense of the perfume industry and passion for fragrance
- Oversee the development of our customer base by designing & supporting strategic initiatives that build our customer base & increase repeat business
- Take ownership for maintaining the Atelier Cologne aesthetic across all touch points including employee presentation, dress code, visual standards, maintenance and merchandising to create a fully branded environment
- Contribute to the community in a way that is aligned with Atelier Cologne social responsibility initiatives & that helps us reach new customers & build brand awareness
- Generate new ideas & apply an entrepreneurial spirit to help build & continuously improve the business
- Consistently adhere to all operational procedures to ensure the efficient running of store operations
- Proficient user of all core systems & technologies including but not limited to MARS, Microsoft Word applications, etc.
- Enforce our people policies, ensure accurate and timely processing of employee paperwork (including but not limited to payroll & time/attendance, employee changes & employee discipline)
- Protect our assets by adhering to all loss prevention and operational policies & procedures
- Manage inventory movement by ensuring the accurate & timely processing of RTVs, shipment receiving and POS transactions
- Ensure strong partnership with your Multi Unit Manager and other Corporate Partners to ensure alignment & timely two-way communication
Drive the Business & Deliver Results
- Achieve goaled KPI’s and financial targets through monitoring and improvement of measurable statistics that drive the business
- Ensure disciplined management of store expenses such as payroll/wages, supplies, etc.
- Manage your people resources to maximize sales, traffic flow, floor coverage and customer engagement
- Be proactive in communicating about product buying & allocation according to your customer demographic & business potential
- Analyze, interpret & apply data (both internal measures & external trends) to identify key issues and maximize your business; this includes reporting-out of key information to inform corporate partners
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAc[email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.