Job Title: Couture Beauty Specialist – Prada & Valentino Beauty and Fragrances
Division: L’Oréal Luxe
Reports to: Account Executive
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 21 brands including major brands, highly aspirational and multi-expert, such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, and Giorgio Armani.
- Beauty Specialists provide operational support to the Account Executive or Assisted Sell Account Executive for Prada & Valentino Beauty and Fragrances
- The Beauty Specialist is the advocate for driving sales as the category/brand expert in Cosmetics for assigned stores/brands
- Focus will be on elevating the store experience through extensive product knowledge and training, best in class customer service and collaborating and influencing store partners
- The Beauty Specialist will direct consistent store execution by being knowledgeable and strategic business partners, identifying opportunities
- The Beauty Specialist will strategize and lead the execution of Beauty events to drive sales and cultivate an environment of continuous learning.
- Analyze business results (store, category, brand, product, etc.) in order to identify and surface sales-driving opportunities to achieve goals
- Communicate clear concise priorities, strategies and direction to Division and stores teams
- Communication should be written, in person, and virtual as needed and tailored to the appropriate audience
- Lead and participate in event execution, including corporate, promotional, vendor launch events and virtual events
- Lead local event strategy, planning, and execution
- Work with store, and division partners to plan and execute both in store and virtual events
- Perform post-event analysis
- Prepare for, participate in, and follow-up on store visits and pre-season planning meetings
- Partner stores and plan for both in person and/or virtual visits to support store growth
- Direct, observe and assess consistent execution based on national execution guidelines and standards (i.e. planograms, fixture placement, visual/collateral); collaborate with corporate and store partners to accomplish
- Ensure local, store, and vendor execution aligns with national guidelines and standards
- Identify areas of opportunities; own solutions to store for corrective action
- Support AE/EDU in training stores, reinforce and monitor engagement and completion of education requirements and learnings
- Support the onboarding of new Beauty Advisors
- The Beauty Specialist will also perform other duties as assigned
Operational support for product launches, eventing and in-store sales activities (e.g., build containers, order visuals, track stock)
- Monitor cleanliness of counter stock & display units
- Promote adherence to merchandising standards
- Communicate stock needs/concerns & identify inventory opportunity areas
- Training & Development
- Coaching & development of Beauty Advisors & Retail Support Specialists (e.g., products, selling)
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum 1 year of management experience required
- Minimum 5 years sales experience, cosmetics/fragrances experience preferred
- Goal driven with an ability to multi-task
- Must be creative and resourceful for events
- Must be creative in training of product knowledge and motivation of daily/weekly objectives
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Enthusiastic, friendly, positive energy
- Exceptional customer service skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In-store execution – 85%
- Events- 35% Coordinate & execute seasonal events for accounts. Plan, communicate and execute all in-store events
- Training and Development -15%
Coach Beauty Advisors and Retail Support Specialists to increase sales by making sure s/he is fulfilling all the responsibilities. Teach Beauty Advisors & Retail Support Specialists how to maximize productivity by developing selling skills, customer service skills, booking events and product demonstration.
- Business Analysis - 10%
Responsible for daily, monthly and seasonal tracking of total retail performance within territory. Must maintain knowledge of the trends of individual business segments and of the key business drivers within each segment. Monitor competitive activity and competitive retail performance within beauty/fragrance department. Ensure that market share objectives are being met.
- Maintain counter quality and merchandising - 10%
Monitor cleanliness of the counter stock and display units and hold Beauty Advisors accountable for counter quality requirements. Execute and maintain all merchandising standards
- Monitoring of Stock -5%
Work with Account Executive to identify opportunities with stock levels. Communicate stock needs/concerns and track incoming shipments to ensure timely arrival in store.
- Sourcing/hiring/talent assessment-10’%
Consistently source and interview candidates for Beauty Advisors & Retail Support Specialists positions. Assure we have the best talent based on brand goal achievement, productivity (SPH, IPT, and AUS), selling skills, client registry level and quality, customer service, etc. Maintain accurate records on Demo system to reflect correct staffing in stores with Demo arrangements.
Office - 15%
- Maintain budget - 5%
Maintain seasonal freelance budget, including sourcing freelancers, booking for appropriate events and executing their payments within the seasonal budget. Process T&E in a timely manner and within 5% the guidelines.
- Communication- 5%
Weekly communication with Account Executive regarding business performance & stock conditions. Communication with store management regarding event performance, retail opportunities and training.
Beauty Specialists to build their own social profile through organic content and reposting of corporate content a minimum of 3x a week.
Development of Retail Support Specialists on their social channels, providing assets, #tags & calendar to post
- Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
- Interacts Effectively
Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks
- Manages Complexity
Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
- Achieves Results with Integrity
Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
- Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oréal
Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business, understands beauty
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
As an integral part of our culture at L’Oréal, wellness is at our core. We not only offer a generous Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K), we also offer flexible time off, work from home days, and a pension plan! Additionally, you will have access to company perks such as Makeup, Skincare, and Fragrance! Employees receive a stipend for L'Oréal products as well as VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, and other perks such as Monthly Mobile Allowance, discounted gym memberships, and ERGs.
Additional Benefits Information As Follows:
Salary Range: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00/year (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.