L’Oréal strives to win over another one billion consumers around the world by innovating and creating products that meet the infinite diversity of our consumer’s needs, and we want you to help us reach this goal! We want to hire great people with unexpected ideas, the ability to challenge the status quo, and are ready to shape and disrupt the future of beauty. “Run it as your own business” is our mantra. Got what it takes? We are currently looking for Business Development Manager in the Consumer Products Division (in any of the 4 Nordic countries).
As Business Development Manager you will lead the whole funnel from creating category channel strategy to maximizing shopper activation and value creation across all our retail channels in the Nordics. You will be part of the Nordic Business Development team, reporting directly to Nordic Business Development Director and your position can be in any of the Nordic countries.
- Manage a team of Category Managers across the Nordics
- Lead multifunctional workstreams & Category meetings to cascade category priorities across the Consumer Products Division organization
- Represent your Category in Regional Leadership Meetings
Create category channel strategy to maximize growth:
- Contribute to brand distribution strategy with category and channel insights
- Create category assortment priorities by channel
- Lead key Consumer Products Division category projects and develop category story for Half Year Meetings
- Analyze shopper and market insights to support category growth strategy
Drive optimal shopper activation at channel & retailer level:
- Define category activation priorities by channel using brand priorities
- Be the guardian of retailer activation budget managed by category managers
- Responsible for strategizing retailer specific investments to maximize ROI
- Cascade post event analysis learnings & best practice across organization
Value creation & business model optimization:
- Lead key Revenue Growth Management projects with support of Revenue Growth Management team and activate together with multifunctional team
- Lead key business model optimization projects
- Solid experience (Marketing, Commercial, Category mgmt.) with proven track record of driving business and activation in successful and profitable way
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills with ability to drive change and create powerful co-operation
- Solid team leadership experience, previous experience in working in a matrix organization or across different Nordic countries seen a benefit
- Strong understanding of Nordic retail landscape and FMCG rules
- Strong analytical skills and ability to turn data into actionable insights
- Strong understanding of P&L, ability to understand profitability drivers or diluters
We are looking for the Business Development Manager to start as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply for a job at L’Oréal no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, religion or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great level of responsibility from the very start, challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of trainings and e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic and international working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals.
Who are we?
Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 86K employees across 150 countries on five continents and has a unique international portfolio of 36 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 32 billion euros in 2021, and e-commerce growing by 26% accounting for a record high 28,9% of the Group’s sales. We push boundaries and move fast globally to stay ahead of the game. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship, and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation. Your job will be your own innovation playground.
What we do at L’Oréal always have a big impact. Because we sell 7 billion products per year. At L’Oréal, we define success as making a positive, conscious impact. We’ve been recognized as the World most ethical company in the world by Ethisphere®. For the sixth time in a row, L’Oréal has been recognized as a global leader in sustainable development by the international non-profit organization CDP® in three areas: combating climate change, sustainable management of water and protecting forests, for the fourth year running. In 2021, L’Oréal was for the 4th consecutive year ranked among the TOP 5 most gender-balanced companies in the world by Equileap®. We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. For us, our job is more than just a job, it is about building a better future for others and our planet.
Freedom to Go Beyond. That’s the Beauty of L’Oréal.