所在地: Guaynabo, PR
国/地域: United States
The Business Development Manager is responsible for leading the distributors plan and agenda towards a strategic approach within markets and tactical execution of all aspects of assigned Caribbean Islands region, excluding Puerto Rico. Will also be responsible for achieving annual sales volume target, fair share, profit objectives as well as Ethics policies compliance through distributor’s management practices and well-managed internal processes with finance, operations, and marketing areas. Also, leads the planning and coordination to ensure distributor’s appropriate execution towards brand development and consumer-oriented strategies.
Establishes a leadership and supporting role to drive the commercial and sales capabilities improvement in distributors as well as keeping the liaison with the Marketing & Education Teams in order to guarantee efforts are aligned and responds to business development plan.
1. Achieve sales and marketing objectives with effective management of all applicable aspects towards portfolio strategy, A&P investment, accounting, operational process and distributor’s relation.
2. Lead business development plan (bdp) with distributor based on the strategy for growth in assigned territories, to include new distribution, promotional events, dollar and unit growth for volume.
3. Lead and coordinate efforts with Marketing & Education to ensure programs are implemented based on business, brand, and market needs (in line with available data).
4. Lead innovation plan presentation with 6 months in advance, including clear strategic direction of the execution with B2B and B2C customers based on targeted portfolio sales weight.
5. Lead coordinated trade visits to evaluate sales and marketing fundamentals (portfolio, price, distribution, exhibitions, promotions and planograms integrity).
6. Develop and maintain high visibility and influence with key decision makers to advance business opportunities within the assigned region and distributors.
7. Develop and maintain an account profile of all distributors, distribution channels, customers, including sales evolution, category weight and SWOT.
8. Develop annual traveling plan managing monthly agenda to comply with cycle visits based on needs and requirements as well as required reporting. based on needs and requirements
9. Develop and report accurate and timely market, trade and/or any relevant competitive data.
10. Support Marketing in developing and reporting sales forecasts for US sourced pre-packs and annual innovation portfolio (if applicable).
11. Support Education in establishing priorities for external educator and customer educational needs.
12. Manage distributor efforts to ensure initiatives respond to brand guidelines and trade marketing strategy.
13. Manage distributor inventory and get involved in the analysis process to ensure correct mix, healthy stock and support with operational and supply process.
14. Manage quarterly business reviews with the distributors while leading SWOT analysis and action plan.
15. Manage accurate A&P investment based on plan and approved annual budget.
16. Manage efficient accounting processes to recognize A&P investments, Pricing Discrepancies, Return Allowances, Damage Products and any other action that may apply.
17. Monitor distributors' contract compliance as per company's policies.
18. Co-lead Annual Distributor Summit Development
19. Understands distributors contract in terms and conditions inside out
20. Tracks ROI of trade term investment buckets and constructively challenges them with distributors and/or end channel retailer as needed
21. Identifies distributors strategic issues and competitive opportunities across the different business dimensions.
22. Identifies long term common interests combining distributor strategy and opportunities with L’Oréal initiatives
23. Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to employee manual, ethical standards, health, safety, and security procedures.
24. Perform any other job-related duties as required or that may arise in the future.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee spends specific time in the following physical activities:
Also, the employee lifts specific weight following safety guidelines and policies established by the Company.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired level: Think big and ahead, set high ambition for oneself and for the company, and pushes oneself and others to do the extra mile to achieve exceptional performance.
Desired level: Leverage an ownership mindset, sense of purpose and personal values to persist and sustain energy to bounce back.
Desired level: Actively listens, understands and respects emotions, and creates genuine and trustful relationships with a wide network of diverse people.
Desired level: Balance intuition and analysis to cut through complexity and take sound decisions.
· Learning Agility
Desired level: Learn constantly by showing openness & curiosity, and the courage to step outside of comfort zone
Desired level: Builds knowledge on consumer. Seeks quality and excellence. Shows curiosity and imagines creative solutions.
Desired level: Reasons from multiple perspectives. Integrates sustainability in his/her work. Conveys energy.
Desired level: Takes initiative with courage and transparency. Delivers results with integrity. Demonstrates responsiveness to internal and external customers.
Desired level: Listens and communicates effectively. Develops co-operative relationships. Actively networks.
· People Developer
Desired level: Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner. Recognizes and leverages diverse backgrounds. Takes charge of own development and fosters learning.
*Ask us about our flexibility programs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.