Interim Business Intelligence IT Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
Hammersmith, London + regular travel to Manchester and other sites
Purpose of your new role
The Business Intelligence IT function is a vital part of the L’Oréal UK & Ireland IT Hub organization (covering UK, Ireland, South Africa and the Middle East) and the Business Intelligence (BI) IT Manager is the chief actor within this function.
We are in the process of migrating from a legacy SAP BW environment, to an evolving Microsoft / Informatica based BI platform, so are in a period of significant change and exciting, yet challenging project delivery as we move our businesses though this transition and further mature the platform.
The BI IT Manager needs to balance their time, focusing on stakeholder engagement, project delivery and team management whilst providing outstanding customer services.
The BI IT Manager needs to have a solid appreciation for how technology can add value and improve productivity within the business, working both on local initiatives and partnering closely with L’Oreal EMEA / Global IT to delivery group BI initiatives and adhering to group standards. You must be comfortable in working with business partners at all levels within the organization, be adept at managing multiple parallel BI initiatives, whilst being fully coherent with all relevant technologies in order to validate, direct and effectively interact with both internal and external IT specialist.
Your key job accountabilities
The Business Intelligence IT Managers responsibilities are to:
- Manage L’Oreal UKI’s Microsoft and SAP BW Business Intelligence platforms
- Manage the Business Intelligence IT Team
- Project Delivery (all business and IT projects as agreed and prioritised with Mancom)
- Organisation Development (develop a performance culture, develop individuals and alignment to strategies)
- Ensure reporting system availability with high standards of data quality, performance and resilience
- IT Vendor management (strategic and tactical vendor management)
- Budget Management (close management and optimisation of financial resources)
- Promote the image of IT in the business
- Manage all aspects of the Business Intelligence IT team within the L’Oreal UK IT Hub
- Deliver projects as outlined within the budget and prioritised with the business (on-time, on-scope, in-budget)
- Identify and implement opportunities to leverage IT in order to help drive the business forward, (continued roll-out of Reporting, common reporting standards, support brand / division launches and acquisitions, business mutualisation etc)
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiency / productivity, re-investing benefits into improving the services / projects delivered by IT (drive mutualisation, drive optimisation of Reporting systems and processes, leverage and deliver group initiatives and functionalities)
- Provide input, plan and manage the IT Capital and Expense budget for the Business Intelligence IT team (project identification, estimation, business case, project tracking. Full familiarity of all components of the expense budget, with regular reviews to ensure that tracking is in-line with budget)
- Build a strong working relationship with the L’Oreal UK, Ireland and South Africa businesses, promoting IT as a true business partner.
- Build a strong network within Paris and a strong community with the other IT groups within Europe (leveraging ideas, opportunities for improvement etc)
- Develop a performance culture within the team, with shared vision, understanding and objectives
- Develop team members to maximise potential.
This is a 14-month interim position, providing maternity cover for the UKI BI Manager.
To fill this position, we are looking for someone with strong experience within a Business Intelligence / Sales and Marketing IT environment, with a proven background in delivering projects and managing teams (directly or through projects) and vendors.
The network you would work with
- You will report to the UKI Business Solutions Manager
- This position is London based (Hammersmith), may involve occasional travel to all of our UK & Ireland sites and our Paris headquarters.
- You will need to network both within the wider IT team and the end-user communities.
Essential skills required
- Strong experience of BI project delivery within a fast paced, ideally FMCG or retail environment.
- Experience of BI technologies, especially Microsoft BI (SAP BW an advantage)
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills, able to work with people at all levels of the business
- Strong people management skills (internals, externals, business project team members etc)
- Self-confident team leader who is comfortable interacting with people at all levels, with good interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Curious, open-minded and creative, you are willing to put forward innovative ideas which will bring real business benefits.
- Drive and motivation to ensure solutions are developed quickly and efficiently.