For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
The L’Oréal Research & Innovation Sourcing team is looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Buyer to manage the Scientific lab equipment and lab supplies categories across a group of internal and external partners. Working closely with a cross-functional team of Project Managers and Scientists, the Buyer is tasked with engaging with stakeholders to align and execute the equipment CAPEX budget, negotiate maintenance agreements for key equipment families, and create value for lab supply and other category needs.
The Buyer will interface with the laboratories (project teams) on a day-to-day basis and ensure alignment with the selection of suppliers. This position requires strong communication, negotiation, and analytical skills. The Buyer will work with stakeholders to determine suppliers to RFP, with the goal of selecting suppliers that meet L’Oreal quality, ethical, service, innovation, sustainability, and competiveness requirements. The Buyer will contract with the selected suppliers and manage the supplier relationship with stakeholders.
- Define the suppliers to work with in collaboration with stakeholders
- Create contracts with suppliers and negotiate the best possible terms and conditions for L’Oreal
- Manage supplier relationship in collaboration with stakeholders which includes supplier business review.
- Ensure L’Oreal Sourcing policy is compliant with stakeholders
- Develop strong partnerships with global Sourcing team to leverage expertise and benchmark
- Analyze cost breakdowns and determine cost drivers to facilitate negotiation
- Create a portfolio of projects with suppliers and stakeholders to improve efficiency and/or cost
- Understanding and leveraging the existing lab equipment inventory to challenge demand
- Become proficient in various Sourcing applications/systems
- 5+ years experience in Sourcing
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing process
- Experience with supplier contracting and negotiations
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to influence and facilitate decision making
- The ability to create value and innovation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR