WHO WE ARE
Welcome to the world of L'Oréal, where we create the beauty that moves the world. Some call us the world's biggest start-up, and that's because for more than a century, we have devoted our energy, innovation, and scientific excellence to offer each person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety and responsibility.
4 Divisions, 36 Global Brands, 86k employees in 135 markets.
At L'Oréal Canada, we are a dynamic company focused on innovation and entrepreneurship. Join our team to help influence global brands in the Canadian marketplace, as well as discover the latest technologies created for a rapidly evolving industry. L'Oréal offers equal employment opportunities for all.
Discover more about what it's like working within L'Oréal's Supply Chain : Interview: How Supply Chain Evolves to Meet Our Consumers’ Demands
THE TEAM AND CONTEXT:
Under the supervision of the Country Domain Manager (Retail, Promo and Operations), and working in collaboration with the Sourcing Category Leads, the Business Partner (BP) is a key point of contact for the business stakeholders on operational and spot buys projects. The BP is responsible to optimize costs on those projects as well as deliver expected service levels and improve or maintain compliance to purchasing strategies & processes.
A DAY IN THE LIFE...
As they say, no two days are the same! You will take the lead on :
Establish a collaborative mindset as a business partner :
- Understand the business expectations and anticipate operational projects
- On a regular basis, share insights from the Business with the Sourcing team
Support the business on their purchasing needs:
- Be the preferred operational point of contact for day-to-day stakeholder support, category inquiries, PO/Shopping Cart questions, tool navigation, etc
- Advise on the best sourcing approach and new ways of working with the Purchasing platform
- Challenge and complete brief received from the business (need management) and advise on best suppliers to match with project requirements. Translate needs into specifications for suppliers when relevant
- Launch Requests for Quotations (suppliers’ selections) and define PO terms and conditions
- Negotiate with suppliers regarding price, quality and lead time
Supplier relationship management (SRM):
- Manage daily supplier relationship and performance (quality follow-up, delivery…) to feed Sourcing team and Business Reviews to build suppliers scorecards
- Maintain up to date supplier information in the different internal platforms (contacts, contracts, compliance documentation)
Support compliance and coverage increase:
- Analyze data coming from the Purchasing platform to identify opportunities to increase Sourcing coverage (change ordering channel, update documentation in the platform, educate stakeholders and direct them to the right suppliers/categories, develop a catalog, etc)
- Be the owner of the data KPIs coming from the Purchasing platform
- Promote catalogs usage within business stakeholders
Ensure that purchasing & internal control processes are applied and drive compliance:
- Guide the Business to apply the Sourcing Policy
- Direct requests to sourcing team when relevant
- Reference suppliers if a new supplier is required in accordance with sourcing team (exceptions)
Contribute to our global Sustainability and Social objectives:
- Be curious about all initiatives and innovations that could be implemented within L’Oréal to reduce our environmental footprint.
- Empower our suppliers’ eco-system to onboard candidates coming from under-privileged communities and develop our social engagement within our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion pillar.
- Become an advocate for all our sustainable actions and ensure our engagement and investments are well communicated to our consumers and external partners.
WHO YOU ARE :
- Bachelor degree completed in purchasing, operations, logistics, or any related field
- Bilingualism (Eng - Fr)
- Strong analytical mind
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of Business intelligence tools (Power BI)
- Autonomy & sense of curiosity
- Good communication
- Solution and client oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Exclusive employee discounts of up to 50% (WOW!)
- Hybrid work model
- Summer and winter Fridays
- Access to a virtual learning platform
- Phenomenal vacation policy as well as time off for holidays
- Competitive health/dental insurance
- A defined benefit pension plan available from day one
- 500$/year wellness spending account
- Free BIXI membership and STM discount
- Reimbursement for professional licenses
- Free and confidential 24/7 virtual health program
- ...and much more!
Check out these links to get ready:
How to make the best application ever? Resume and L'Oréal Digital Interview - YouTube
10 conseils de recruteur pour réussir votre entretien chez L'Oréal - YouTube
To learn more about how L'Oréal is shaping the beauty industry of tomorrow, learn more through our Tech’timonials here : http://spr.ly/6044PFFQu
Join our teams to create the beauty that moves the world!