Brand Engagement Manager: Youth to the People
We are looking for a Brand Engagement Manager who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
In partnership with the Brand Business Director, this position creates and oversees the implementation of the integrated communication strategy and philanthropic programming in Canada with a strong focus on advocacy and influence marketing to drive brand awareness and visibility. The Brand Engagement Manager will develop strategies to increase awareness, amplify relevance and engagement offline and online driving traffic to retail and YTTP. This role oversees all communications, public relations, social media, advocacy & influencer and affiliate marketing, events, editorial, and issue/crisis management for the Canadian market.
● Lead the brand PR, Advocacy, and Influence strategy in Canada through planning and executing products launches, marketing campaigns and experiential events.
● Execute and adapt global communications strategies, programs, and events that support brand values, build awareness and equity, support sales objectives and strategic business goals
● Develop and execute strategies for owned, earned and paid for the Canadian market both nationally and regionally.
● Identify and execute creator/influencer partnerships, to build brand awareness and drive advocacy across the different regions
● Lead and expand newly created ambassador program, Pros To The People to drive trust, credibility, and awareness
● Work cross-functionally with Growth, E-commerce, Performance, Brand and Product marketing teams to drive business initiatives for core and newness
● Manage PR agency
● Utilize social tools to measure Advocacy & Influence efforts and provide strategic recommendations
● Develop and execute local initiatives and create brand storytelling that will reinforce messaging on YTTP’s values and commitment to supporting organizations that are fighting for climate change, social justice, and gender equity
● Develop and execute local programming that will help to position the brand as both an industry leader and revolutionaries in our own category as well as continue to establish brand Founders as KOLs
● In collaboration with Global team, develop local strategy for our social impact initiatives that connects the brand vision, product, and our non-profit partners through meaningful storytelling that brings value to our community and amplifies our brand DNA
● Foster relationships with influencers, creators and communities leaving a lasting positive impression on those we work with
● Define monthly/yearly/etc goals for the brand that help to advance overreaching company goals
● Create disruptive experiences that drive excitement, engagement, and love for the brand
● The position requires a minimum of 3 years of Advocacy & Influence management, PR/Communications, Cause/Philanthropy, Social Media Marketing experience.
● Must have experience with socially vocal brands and/or managing creators, influencers, and influencer managers/agents
● Digital Comms experience as well as social media usage with heavy emphasis on TikTok + social analytical tools
● Experience working with GRIN or similar Influencer management tool
● Must understand the media landscape in Canada (paid, owned, and earned)
● Knows how to build and foster relationships
● Proactive, strategic, and entrepreneurial approach to the role.
● Storyteller with editorial content skills on the pulse of culture and what’s current in trends.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual French & English is preferred but not mandatory.
● Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
● Ability to be flexible and agile with constant changes and time restraints
● Team player mentality with an entrepreneurial spirit
● Must align with brand values and have an activist mentality
Why chose this brnad?
● The daily joy of working with people that are positive, hungry, humble, and smart—we cater to high performers and nice people.
● Challenging, inspiring and non-stop challenges to solve
● This location is in Montreal, those that apply must be eligible to work in Canada.
L'Oreal Canada is an equal opportunity employer for all. We are working in a hybrid model both in and out of office.