REGIONAL MEDICAL MANAGER
At Active Cosmetics, we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands led the way in skin care innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver their promises. We invest heavily in research and development, and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
WHO YOU ARE
You want to make a positive impact on people’s lives. You’re driven by human values of trust and authenticity. You want to lead in innovation, technology, and research, working in a dynamic, supportive environment where you’ll work on meaningful projects and change the future of medical beauty. And you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, servicing communities, and acting for the planet.
If this, is you, you are a perfect fit for Active Cosmetics, because that is who we are too!
If you’re also a scientific and clinical expert who can strategically lead and support medical and scientific objectives of our brand business development community, this exiting role may be the perfect fit for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Reporting to the national medical detailing director, and part of the medical management committee of the active cosmetic division, the regional medical manager is responsible for medical and scientific exchange with healthcare professionals. He/she will ensure the development and implementation of the strategy and action plans on his/her territory to achieve the qualitative and quantitative objectives. Likewise, he/she will be responsible for the development and coaching of a team of medical representatives.
• Be responsible for developing team members competencies to ensure impactful relationship with healthcare professionals based on a perfect mastery of communication techniques, scientific knowledge, and an ability to transmit them in compliance with the division’s policy Develop continuously the scientific and technical knowledge of medical representatives during in person field coaching, cycle meetings and scientific trainings
• Ensure consistent mentorship of team providing regular coaching and development support towards in role and career ambitions
• Define and implement regional business strategies and action plans based on a perfect knowledge of the local environment to meet qualitative and quantitative objectives
• Increase share of recommendation of HCPs in the region
• Implement a multichannel strategy and develop online and offline contacts with healthcare professionals
• Plan and participate in local activities, conferences, and congresses
• Completes a thorough analysis of the territory, anticipate market trends, and propose actions
• Ensure the implementation of the national medical strategy in the region
• Build and maintain professional relationships with Key opinion leaders
• Oversee team spends/budgets to ensure optimal impact and ROI
• Recruit and hire qualified team members, and ensure their proper integration Provide ongoing analysis and identification of market dynamics that have potential to impact business and contribute to opportunity or mitigation planning and implementation
• Promotes cross-functional interactions with different brands of the department and with different teams (commercial, marketing,..)
• Ensures effective and efficient collection of information on competition and medical trends in the same therapeutic area and report it to the medical department
• A minimum of a university degree in science (MSc, PhD, Pharm D)
• 3+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with key opinion leaders, doctors, pharmacists, and nurses
• Ability to effectively work and thrive in a cross functional team-based environment
• Ability to collaborate and share its regional vision with different stakeholders (Headquarter and field)
• Leadership skills
• Strategic agility
• Results oriented
• Demonstration of excellent oral and written communication skills
• Science and business acumen
• Ability to critically evaluate scientific data
• Office 365, Concur, reporting software (Veeva CRM)
• Bilingual (English and French) - required
• Valid driver's license
• Based out of Montreal
• Ability to travel in the province of Quebec & Ottawa.
L’Oréal Canada offers equal opportunities to all.