Location: L’Oréal Switzerland - Consumer Products Division - Geneva
Build, manage and develop long-term Ecommerce relationships in order to achieve the targeted sales revenue by increasing the brand’s online presence.
- Lead and negotiate annual agreements with Ecommerce partners
- Develop plan, KPI and goals to achieve for each Ecommerce partner
- Define and implement Go-to-Market strategy with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Supply chain, IT, Sales…)
- Identify new Ecommerce trends and opportunities for business growth and implement action plans
- Prepare and present products proposals to future and current Ecommerce partners
- Handle specific sales events thanks to information collected from marketing department to enhance brand’s visibility and improve sales performance
- Analyze and interpret Ecommerce partner’s sales report to identify strengths, weaknesses and business opportunities
- Internally, work closely with the Key Account Managers, the Marketing team and the Digital team
- You have a minimum of a Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field. You have at least already one relevant experience in Digital, Marketing or Sales, ideally in-house in FMCG or in a product driven environment.
- You have good interpersonal skills and are a confident, articulate communicator capable of inspiring strong collaboration within an organization
- You have a proactive, positive and innovative mind
- You are a dynamic, analytical person, who is not afraid of complexity and pay attention to detail
- You have the ability to manage simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- You are business results-oriented with strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- You speak fluently (Swiss)-German with a good level in English or French.
L’Oréal has devoted itself to beauty for over 100 years. With its unique international portfolio of 36 diverse and complementary brands, the Group generated sales amounting to 26.9 billion euros in 2018 and employs 86 000 people worldwide. As the world’s leading Beauty Company, L’Oréal is present across all distribution networks: mass market, department stores, pharmacies and drugstores, hair salons, travel retail, branded retail and e-commerce. Research and innovation, and a dedicated research team, are at the core of L’Oréal’s strategy, working to meet beauty aspirations all over the world. L’Oréal’s sustainability commitment for 2020 “Sharing Beauty With All” sets out ambitious sustainable development objectives across the Group’s value chain.
In Switzerland, we employ approximately 400 people at our head office in Geneva and in the field. Collaboration, transparency, agility and lab spirit characterize our local working environment. As a team of talented experts, our mission is to energize the Swiss cosmetics market by creating an innovative experience for our consumers, thus becoming a reference in Europe.
At L’Oréal, we aim to hire a diverse workforce:
“A diversified workforce in every function and on all levels strengthens our creativity and our understanding of consumers and it enables us to develop and market products that are relevant“
(Jean-Paul Agon, Chaiman and CEO of L’Oréal)
WHAT WE OFFER
L’Oréal offers an attractive role in a dynamic and agile work environment, a competitive salary with excellent secondary conditions and opportunities for further career development.
If you are ready to work in a dynamic and exciting environment, we can offer you exciting challenges. We have modern offices, facilities and tools that allow you to give your best every day with lots of flexibility and cross-functional work. We also offer a minimum of 1 day home office per week.
As a market leader, we are present in the entire sales landscape and have a unique knowledge of distribution channels and retail. The commercial development of our various national markets is one of our most important goals.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE