Category Advisor – Digital Lead
Reports to: Director – Category Management
Location: Bentonville, AR (Home Office Based)
- Advance retailer’s authority as a beauty destination by providing beauty leadership through LUSA and industry insights.
- Omni-focused position with emphasis on Digital/Dotcom/Social influenced sales analysis.
- Accelerate growth of the total category by analyzing complex data collected on shopper behavior from a range of different sources, and then translate it into meaningful opportunities
- The CDIM – Advisor presents expert, non-biased category insights with objectivity and the highest level of integrity.
- Provide performance insights, actionable reporting and analysis of Retailer and the overall marketplace, both tracked and untracked, to influence decisions and strategies to grow the category.
- Proactively anticipate the business needs of the Buying Team /Omni Merchants and provide recommendations to grow Brick & Mortar and Online sales. Drive recommendations for category-level site experience and navigation through shopper insights studies.
- Maintain standardized reporting via Retailer applications, SPATE, Rakuten, Numerator, Netbase, A.C. Nielsen, and Suzy to understand business drivers. Additionally, understand and seek to document causal influences & social trends.
- Ability to create reports in Excel from multiple data sources and synthesize the insights into fact-based recommendations via PowerPoint presentations, written and verbal communication.
- Assist with the modular relay process to ensure space optimization. Including but not limited to: Sales Per Linear Foot, space to sales, inventory, POD’s, recommending adjacencies, space increases or decreases in Remodels and Project stores. Provide post modular analysis of brands’ performance.
- Initiate on-going B&M and OMNI competitor assessments, what is working and not work at other retailers and/or in different formats at retailer.
Candidate should possess the ability to:
- Work within a highly networked environment and lead projects with sensitivity & leadership
- High attention to details and accuracy (written, verbal, non-verbal)
- Work independently, proactively, as well as collaborate and bring teams together when necessary
- Demonstrate creativity & think outside the box
- Manage complex situations: problem-solve and re-evaluate given multiple perspectives. Be nimble and re-adjust priorities even under rush circumstances
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a marketing, cat man or sales role.
- Proven experience of managing assortment Reviews (RR), retailer strategies and projects.
- Proven ability to develop sharp insight and build it into action plans to optimize sales and profit
- Must be able to contribute to TEAM projects, understanding that roles overlap at times, to produce the highest quality presentations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.