Job Title: Regional Account Manager Function: Sales Job Type: Full-Time Supervisor Title: National Accounts Director Location: Pacific North West (PNW) - Washington or Oregon
The Regional Account Manager for chain accounts within Region 9 is responsible for assisting our multi-unit salon customers reach their greatest potential through supplying the best products the professional beauty industry has to offer. The Regional Account Manager is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives within their assigned territory through manufacturer provided education, sales programs and ongoing new business development. Upon starting, the Regional Account Manager will work closely with their National Accounts Director to review their territory, plan the most efficient and productive routing to maximize their market potential while providing exemplary service to existing customers. The Regional Account Manager will partner with our manufacturers to provide education and training either in salon, or in our SalonCentric Stores. There are also several prominent industry trade shows and events during the year that will serve as an opportunity to deepen customer relationships.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves sales goals and objectives through the key performance indicators (KPIs) established by management. Chain account progress against established KPIs is monitored regularly by sales management (50%).
- Communicates and utilizes the business strategies and services provided to develop successful and profitable long-term partnerships within assigned territory (50%).
- Effectively manages all administrative and strategic aspects of the role in a timely manner to include but not limited to joint business planning, distribution, promotions, pricing initiatives, daily order entry, and regular updating and maintaining of customer information and activity for the assigned territory (50%).
- Utilizes a proven track record of multi-state account management while developing account plans and budgets, prepare and present account reviews, and communicate activities effectively both internally and externally (50%).
- Builds and cultivate effective relationships with chains relevant to the respective territory and cater to each account to improve market share and growth for all parties (50%).
- Conducts regular meetings with chain accounts to sell-in new products, programs and promotional activities (20%).
- Reviews strategies to increase profitability and sales for products and buyers with IRI, sales data and program execution recaps (20%).
- Conduct sales analysis by regularly collecting relevant data, dissecting the data to understand opportunities and successes, drawing out actionable insights, and sharing with our key stakeholders (20%).
- Organizes regular scheduled meetings with chain account owners and leaders and presents current promotions and new product launches (15%).
- Utilizes all available SalonCentric resources to develop and grow business for assigned territory and salons (15%).
- Utilizes resources and marketing tools to develop sell-through marketing strategies for customers in assigned territory (15%).
- Makes recommendations for changing a rating based on salon’s buying trends and reports any potential diversion activity to District Sales Manager. Responsible for continually assessing the appropriate amount of product that each account should be ordering based on their size and the number of service providers within the account location (10%).
- Supports sales by coordinating education and promotional events including area classes, company shows and events, hands-on workshops, and in-salon education (10%).
- Continuously educates self on existing product lines and keeps abreast of brand programs, promotions and new product introductions (10%).
- Misc. and ad-hoc projects (5%).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of demonstrated chain account experience or equivalent industry experience.
- Computer literate, preferably Salesforce.com, etc.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Have a pleasant demeanor, professional, and strong verbal communication (speaking and listening) skills.
- Must be highly organized, flexible, goal oriented and results driven.
- Occasional attendance at local conventions or professional beauty shows and other special events may require limited overnight travel and/or weekends.
- Able to travel to states within the territory including Alaska and Hawaii.
- Demonstrates sound professional judgment during all business activities.
- Proven experience with change management
- Achieves results with integrity
- Manages complexity
- Displays sensitivity to quality
- Leads with human sensitivity
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship
- Interacts effectively
This position requires intermittent supervision as incumbent will be working independently the majority of the time in the field. This role is responsible for direct interaction with chain account managers and owners and will be required to negotiate and react quickly with regards to business decisions, with manager’s approval for key decisions.
This position requires significant local and multistate travel to current and potential clients. It also requires attendance at conventions, sales meetings, trade and beauty shows, educational classes and other special events that may require overnight travel and/or some weekends. All work may necessitate the lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pounds which may also require bending.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.