所在地: Florence, KY
国/地域: United States
Job Title: Chemist – Industrial Quality
FLSA status: Exempt
Shift: 2nd shift
Division: Industrial Quality
Supervisor Title: Laboratory Manager
Support fast-paced production activity by accurately testing raw materials, components, bulk and finished good products in a timely manner per established L’Oréal and ISO standards, and evaluate data to decide release of materials. Analyze problem situations and decide proper approach, per L’Oréal and ISO methodologies, that will resolve "out of specification" issues promptly and economically.
Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, microbiology or other scientific discipline with emphasis in analytical laboratory procedures, or equivalent experience;
Two to five years’ experience in a wet or analytical chemistry laboratory;
Strong problem solving and technical thinking, entrepreneurial drive;
Good communication skills;
Attention to detail, ability to follow detailed procedures;
Ability to multi-task/prioritize, adjust to needs of business;
Must be willing to work overtime
Essential Physical Requirements:
Occasional lifting up to 40lbs
Occasional long periods of standing
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
1. Accurately test raw materials, components, bulk and finished goods according to established L’Oréal methods. Use of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis such as gas chromatography, infra-red spectroscopy (F.T.I.R), wet chemistry analysis, separation analysis, distillation techniques, etc. Ensure compliance with established L’Oréal USA standards.
2. Analyze test data and decide the release of raw materials, components, bulk and finished goods Complete final release in a timely manner.
3. Utilize professional judgment to decide proper resolution of out of specification issues such as release of non - standard material or product based on historical trends, re-mix and resample bulk batches, chemical adjustment of material, high speed sheer mix of product, etc. Provide direction and guidance to Packaging and Processing Departments for the resolution of issues.
4. Interact effectively and professionally with Processing, Packaging and all Departments to provide support and updates as necessary. Interact with fellow laboratory employees to provide seamless support across all shifts and weekends.
5. Maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment while keeping appropriate logs and documentation. Maintain laboratory supplies.
6. Observe Good Laboratory Practices, ensure compliance with Chemical Hygiene Program, and maintain high level of housekeeping in work areas at all times.