POSITION TITLE: Chemist
DEPARTMENT: Industrial Quality
SHIFT: 3rd Shift
Support production activity by accurately testing raw materials, components, bulk and finished good products in a timely manner per established L’Oréal and ISO standards, and evaluate data to decide release of materials. Analyze problem situations and decide proper approach, per L’Oréal and ISO methodologies, that will resolve "out of specification" issues promptly and economically.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, microbiology or other scientific discipline with emphasis in analytical laboratory procedures, or equivalent experience
- Two to five years’ experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory utilizing problem solving approaches
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to follow detailed procedures
- Ability to multi-task/prioritize
- Accurately test raw materials, components, bulk and finished goods according to established L’Oréal methods. Use of advanced qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis such as gas chromatography, infra-red spectroscopy (F.T.I.R), wet chemistry analysis, separation analysis, distillation techniques, etc. may be necessary in this process to ensure compliance with established L’Oréal USA standards.
- Analyze test data and decide the release of raw materials, components, bulk and finished goods. Complete final release in a timely manner.
- Utilize professional judgment to decide proper resolution of out of specification issues such as release of non - standard material or product based on historical trends, re-mix and resample bulk batches, chemical adjustment of material, high speed sheer mix of product, etc. Provide direction and guidance to Packaging and Processing Departments for the resolution of issues.
- Interact effectively with Processing and Packaging Departments to provide support as necessary. Interact with fellow laboratory employees to provide seamless support across all shifts and weekends.
- Maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment while keeping appropriate logs and documentation. Maintain laboratory supplies.
- Observe Good Laboratory Practices, ensure compliance with Chemical Hygiene Program, and maintain high level of housekeeping in work areas at all times.
- Occasional lifting up to 40lbs
- Occasional long periods of standing
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.