Support manufacturing activities by accurately performing analytical chemistry testing (preservative, active ingredients, functional and quasi drugs) in a fast-paced cGMP environment. Analyze test data and utilize professional judgment to decide on appropriate disposition of material based on specifications and organizational guidelines.
- Supports the Unit of Production (UP) regarding the quality control of raw materials, bulk, WIP, and finished goods.
- Undertakes all required tests on relevant samples in accordance with L’Oréal specifications, test methods, and USP methods.
- Carries out relevant preparation, titration, calibration and validation on reagents and/or equipment where appropriate.
- Good laboratory skills with demonstrated record of excellence in quantitative analysis. Works in compliance with L’Oreal and GMP requirements.
- Experienced with Root Cause Analysis, ability to troubleshoot out-of-specification results, and perform OOS investigations.
- Capable of trouble-shooting issues on analytical equipment.
- Ability to work independently and possesses leadership qualities.
- Sense of urgency in daily work and towards resolving issues.
- Ability to make decisions independently and assess when escalation is appropriate.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated proactive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excels at interpersonal communication and able to form effective relationships across departments.
- Knowledge of standard computer systems such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); experience using SAP desired.
- May be asked to lead various quality initiatives or projects.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Chemistry required
- 3+ year’s analytical chemistry experience with HPLC, UV-VIS, AA, ICP, GC preferably in cosmetic/consumer products/pharmaceutical manufacturing. Wet chemistry and batch adjustment experience preferred.
- Computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, presentations, and database management.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Good knowledge of GMP/ISO or relevant requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.