Job Title: Chemist, Process Support Lab
Reports to: Industrial Quality Manager
Location: Piscataway, NJ Manufacturing Facility
The hours would be 6 AM – 2:30 PM.
Position Overview: Support manufacturing activities by accurately performing analytical and physical chemistry testing (viscosity, pH, preservative, active ingredients, functional and quasi drugs) in a fast-paced cGMP environment. Analyze test data and utilize professional judgment to decide on appropriate disposition of material based on specifications and organizational guidelines. Work closely with the Process Expertise team to provide support for manufacturing process development/validation activities.
· Supports the Unit of Production (UP) regarding the quality control of raw materials, bulk, WIP, and finished goods.
- Undertakes all required tests on relevant samples in accordance with L’Oréal specifications, test methods, and USP methods.
- Carries out relevant preparation, titration, calibration and validation on reagents and/or equipment where appropriate.
- Good laboratory skills with demonstrated record of excellence in quantitative analysis. Works in compliance with L’Oreal and GMP requirements.
- Experienced with Root Cause Analysis, ability to troubleshoot out-of-specification results, and perform OOS investigations.
- Capable of trouble-shooting issues on analytical equipment.
- Ability to work independently and possesses leadership qualities.
- Sense of urgency in daily work and towards resolving issues.
- Ability to make decisions independently and assess when escalation is appropriate.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated proactive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excels at interpersonal communication and able to form effective relationships across departments.
- Knowledge of standard computer systems such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); experience using SAP desired.
- Supports the Process Expertise team to develop/validate manufacturing processes and continuous improvement projects.
- May be asked to lead various quality initiatives or projects.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
· Bachelor’s of Science degree required, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred.
Previous Experience - Additional Requirements:
- Computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, presentations, and database management.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
· Good knowledge of GMP/ISO or relevant requirements.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work well in a fast paced environment and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Quality/Lab Experience.
- Analytical and problems solving skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.