I. MAJOR FUNCTION
Responsible for the creative and technical aspects of specific product development categories. Maintains close awareness of scientific literature, raw materials technology, processing methodology, and marketing trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in a timely and efficient manner. Oversees a safe and orderly laboratory environment. Partakes in R&D projects from beginning to end. Issues formulas.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Show creativity and resourcefulness to come up with solutions to issues which may arise during the development process and/or in anticipation to issues which may come up in pilot plant or manufacturing.
- Retrieves safety approvals, Right to Market, codes new raw materials, and issues Ingredient Listings.
- Perform product stability on all formulas as well as rectify stability issues.
- Must meet deadlines and interact with various groups within R&D.
- Follow through on all aspects of projects from inception to officialization.
- Interface with technical support groups including marketing, Demi-grand, and manufacturing.
- Maintains technical awareness of developments within field of responsibility.
- Communicates development challenges to management on a timely basis, while offering alternative solutions.
- Keeps accurate and precise records.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related field. Master’s Degree a plus
- 1-3 years of coating industry experience, any experience on UV coating, or related experience is preferable.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written), interpersonal, and computer skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills. Displays a sense of urgency and initiative with creativity and flexibility.
Responsible for project deadline to meet product launches.
Operates under general supervision on a project basis with defined objectives and periodic reviews of progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.