Do you want to work at the bench on the formulation of new and innovative hair color products?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Propose and initiate development projects to ensure established category specific launch commitments are met in line with brand/category innovation strategy. Maintains close awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing/consumer trends. Overseas safe and orderly laboratory environment.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Development Chemist to join our Hair Color & Texture Development team located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation.
- Experienced researcher responsible for initiating project concepts, developing objectives, plans, assigning priorities & completing multiple, significant R&I projects under limited supervision.
- Independently investigates/resolves research problems/issues.
- Mobilize and coordinate those involved in projects (internally and externally)
- Ensure implementation of necessary technical resources to meet targets and deadlines
- Monitor the quality and conformity of formulas
- Provide scientific expertise and play an advisory role to ensure projects run smoothly; act a project champion
- Provide training and mentoring to technical project staff’ May supervise technical staff on project basis.
- Extensive inter-departmental/inter-divisional company interaction (e.g. Marketing, Manufacturing) and externally
- Scientific knowledge in hair color formulations and hair science and product awareness
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field; Advanced degree a Plus
- 1-3 years related field experience with demonstrated results in the area of hair product development or research lab required (preferably hair color)
- Intermediate knowledge of product innovation and development processes
- Developing cross-disciplinary scientific background; ability to work within internal network
- Communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Formulation, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Intermediate knowledge of applicable IT and R&I laboratory systems
- Legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
- Proficient in English (written and verbal)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.