Chemist - Skin Cleansing Development
I. MAJOR FUNCTION
Responsible for creative and technical aspects of product development in Cleansing Development with strong work ethics and good personal skills. Assists in new formulation and process development by performing lab scale experiments, evaluation, compatibility of new raw materials, and performs product stability. Maintains close awareness of scientific literature, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing/consumer trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in an efficient manner. Finds creative and technical solutions for product development. Oversees a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develops new and robust formulations and processes as well as understands the relationship between formulation and product development.
- Under minimal supervision, completes tasks as directed. Adheres to set objectives and standards.
- Independently completes product development projects form inception to officialization to meet launch deadlines, with support from supervisor as needed. Investigates/researches problem/issues.
- Develops and refines formulas; performs product stability on all formulas and resolves stability issues.
- Identifies raw materials and technologies suitable for product development.
- Monitors the quality and conformity of formulas.
- Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness to come up with solutions to issues, which may arise during product development and/or in anticipation to issues which may appear in pilot plant or manufacturing.
- Responsible for documenting and interpreting data in order to support conclusions with supervision.
- Interfaces with technical support groups including marketing, analytical, manufacturing and vendors within R&I.
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously and can work under tight deadlines.
- Communicates to supervisor important observations and is open-minded to suggestions and test results in an effective manner.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field
- Experienced in a laboratory environment
- Well organized and hard-working
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and computer skills
- Must be a team player
Under supervision works on projects with defined objectives and period reviews. Able to reach-out to supervisors and colleagues when needed and are willing to research possible solution.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.