I. MAJOR FUNCTION
Responsible for skin care product development in Active Cosmetics & Professional Products Division on Skincare team, with strong work ethic and demonstrated communication/personal skills. Assists in new formulation and process development by performing lab scale experiments, evaluation, compatibility of new raw materials, and performs product stability. Maintains close awareness of scientific literature, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in an efficient manner. Finds creative and technical solutions for product development and is able to communicate them clearly. Oversees a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Creates formulas with supervision and follows up on product stability
- Develops new and robust skin care formulations and processes as well as understands the relationship between formulation and product development.
- Provides chemistry and support for formulations processes including performing analysis and implementing improvements in process cycle time, yield, and quality to maximize operations efficiency.
- Shows creativity and resourcefulness to come up with solutions to issues, which may arise during product development and/or in anticipation to issues which may appear in pilot plant or manufacturing.
- Responsible for documenting and interpreting data in order to support conclusions with supervision.
- Must meet deadlines.
- Interacts well with various support groups and vendors within R&I and among L’Oreal’s external partners.
- Follows through on all aspects of projects from Inception to Officialization.
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously and can work under tight deadlines. Remains flexible to meet the Business and Scientific needs.
- Communicates to supervisor important observations and test results in an effective manner and is open minded to suggestions
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field
- Experienced in a laboratory environment
- Well organized and hard-working
- Good communication (verbal, written), problem-solving, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Must be a team player.
Under minimal supervision works on projects with defined objectives and period reviews. Able to reach-out to supervisors and colleagues when needed. Willing to research possible solutions, communicate and summarize them clearly.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.