DISCOVER AND INVENT WITH L’OREAL RESEARCH & INNOVATION AMERICAS.
At L’Oréal, beauty is above all a scientific adventure.
Our Research & Innovation (R&I) teams constitute a multicultural community of 60 nationalities that includes over 30 specializations across every branch of science and this trend is set to grow in the future. We are an innovative and unique team of Chemists and Scientists out to disrupt the beauty industry and excite our consumers with our high performing cosmetics. We have 500 + researchers and scientists in L’Oréal USA!
We are searching for talented and creative Formulations Chemists/Sr. Chemists in the categories of Hair, Skin OR Makeup, to join our state of the art Research & Innovation labs in Clark, NJ.
- . You crave success and we'll support you all the way. That way, we're all win.
- Have autonomy to complete product development projects from beginning to end to meet launch deadlines
- Develop and refine formulas; perform product stability on all formulas and resolve stability issues
- Analyze the quality and conformity of formulas
- Identify raw materials and renowned technologies suitable for product development
- Have collective ownership by identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development or in transfer to manufacturing
- Work collaboratively with technical support groups including marketing, analytical, quality, and manufacturing
- Build a robust relationship with the marketing team
- Robust knowledge in relevant scientific and technical field
- Creative knowledge that brings an entrepreneurial mindset to the lab
- Knowledge of product innovation and development processes
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Essential formulation, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Working knowledge of applicable IT and Research laboratory systems
You Must Have…
· Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemistry or related science degree (Advanced Degree a plus)
- 3-12 years of experience preferably in cosmetics/consumer products industry. (level will be determined based on experience)
- Authorization to work in the US on a long-term basis without requiring assistance.
- Intermediate proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.