所在地: New York, NY
国/地域: United States
Job Title: Chief Data Governance Offer L’Oreal USA
Division: Corporate Finance
Location: New York, New York
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer L’Oreal USA
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
The L’Oréal USA Finance Team is at the center of the company’s mission to create the beauty that moves the world. We are strategic partners to all areas of the business, protecting our brands, our people, and our company. Finance is a globally connected and collaborative community that adds value and shares knowledge across all of L’Oréal. Come join our dynamic team and be member of a multi-cultural, fast-paced, global workforce!
What You Will Do:
L’Oréal USA is seeking a Chief Data Governance Officer to lead and implement a comprehensive data governance framework that aligns with L’Oréal’s strategic objectives and business priorities. This person will be responsible for defining and implementing the policies, procedures, and standards for managing data across the enterprise alongside our global partners. They will work closely with business leaders, data owners, and other stakeholders to identify and mitigate data risks, while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
The primary role is to develop our data governance strategy and ensure the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of our organization's data assets. This person will ensure that the organization’s data is trustworthy, secure, and available, through defining ownership, standardizing taxonomy, developing access controls, and maintaining data hygiene.
What We Are Looking For:
• Experienced hands-on Data and Architecture Management, from concept to implementation
• A working knowledge of data governance and architecture frameworks (identifying/creating data ownership best practices; access control implementation), best practices and how they are effectively supported by good products, in particular Data Architecture, Metadata Management, Data Lineage but also data quality, data privacy, data use and records retention
• Point of view on what it takes to build a scalable platform, shared components and services that can serve multiple distribution channels
• Experience working with data domain metadata and products that harness large data sets
• Strong analytical and management skills and the ability to independently own products or their components end-to-end, with a demonstrable track record of product delivery
• Collaborate with business leaders to identify critical data assets, prioritize data governance initiatives, and establish data ownership and stewardship.
• Experience in business analysis, user research, maturity road-mapping, change management, planning and reporting
• The ability to build consensus amongst a wide range of partners including businesses and functions, technology, operations, legal & compliance
• Ability to navigate a matrix organization and the ability to influence peers by articulating the product offering and value to business partners
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field; master's degree preferred.
• 15+ years of experience in data governance, data management, or related fields in a leadership role.
• Strong understanding of data governance frameworks, standards, and best practices.
• Experience in developing and implementing data governance policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain relationships, credibility and trust with clients, stakeholders, global team members, and other colleagues.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Self-starter, with the curiosity, energy, drive and stamina to seek out and bring to fruition new opportunities, capability enhancements and improved ways of working.
• Willing to travel periodically to locations within the United States.
• High level of organization, attention to detail, positive attitude and team player.
What’s In It For You:
• Salary Range: $177,000-$253,000 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
• Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
• Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
• Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
• Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
• Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
• Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
• Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected] If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.