POSITION: Collections Specialist
REPORTS TO: Manager, Credit & Collections
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, FL
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
Assists in the credit / collection process, provides analytical support for credit risk management and month-end reporting to corporate management. Works closely with customer portfolio on payments to be processed. Reviews incoming customer orders; analyzes customer’s Accounts Receivable account balance, status and trend; and researches and reconciles customer deductions and disputes in conformance with company policy. Maintains strong professional relationships with assigned customer portfolio.
- Review and analyze the customer accounts in order to meet Accounts Receivable, DSO and Collection Goals.
- Researches and analyzes available internal and external reports for assigned customer portfolio to determine the release of incoming orders with Company credit risk policy / procedures to minimize risk exposure.
- Interfaces with Customer Care, Pricing, Traffic, Sales Departments to resolve customer issues timely regarding invoices, terms, pricing and shipping errors.
- Initiates customer charge-back letters.
- Conducts collection calls / email to ensure timely payments, reduction of past due, resolution of claims / discrepancies and reduce bad-debt write-offs.
- Prepares month end reports, as well as customer specific projects.
- Participates in month Accounts Receivable over-view meetings.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated, credit, collection or accounts receivable experience and customer service.
- High school education or GED required.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Windows, Excel and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability required.
- Able to handle difficult or challenging credit / collection situations with diplomacy, tact and professionalism
- Able to work in a very fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Possess effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must have long-term authorization to work in the U.S.