国/地域: South Africa
RESEARCH & INNOVATION DIVISION (R & I), WOODMEAD
Job: Consumer Research Specialist
Reports to: Consumer Evaluations Manager
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
To support the consumer science team in conducting skincare product evaluation studies.
They will successfully manage projects from end-to-end, while reporting into the Consumer Evaluation Manager.
· Be the voice of the consumer, to enable the creation of relevant, coherent and performing beauty solutions that people love.
· Run ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative market research projects for product development and product performance validation.
· Brief agencies and work closely with them, but also able to conduct own studies.
· Drive and co-ordinate studies.
· Provide input and have a critical eye on proposals.
· Ability to understand the key question from labs, and propose design to properly answer it.
· Be willing to immerse themselves in the consumer environment (e.g. homes, townships, etc.) for consumers studies.
· Keep informed on trends and competitor activity across categories and disseminate important information to broader team.
· Keep abreast of research industry evolution and bring best practice and new methodologies to projects.
TECHNICAL, PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· Marketing (or relevant) Degree, coupled with experience in the research industry
· Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a qualitative and quantitative research environment (strong quantitative research experience a requirement)
· Research agency and/or research experience in FMCG/personal care company advantageous
· Conducted research in Africa and have understanding of African market
· Must be proficient in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Presentation skills - written and oral