The Project Engineer - Technical Launch & Capital organizes and implements engineering projects concerned with L’Oreal USA production capital equipment and product launches. Through successful and timely project implementation, this role will improve UP operations key performance indicators, reduce waste, and achieve production cost reductions.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Develop and successfully implement major capital projects for automation, expansion or cost reduction
- Maintain project timelines
- Performs analysis of processes, systems, methods or procedures to identify opportunities for improvement & costs reductions
- Implements L’Oreal Corporate Industrial Projects (KANBAN, SMED, TPM, etc.)
- Train others and make presentations to mixed audiences of technical and non-technical employees.
- Contribute to achieving Safety, Quality, & Environmental shared plant objectives
- Performs other duties as necessary or required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Must have a basic knowledge of the techniques of good machine design, instrumentation and controls.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power point, and Project
- Experience & ability in handling multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Project management of major and/or complex projects.
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- People Developer
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
- Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.