The US Research and Innovation Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) department provides direct support to and collaborates with all US based Research and Innovation departments so they can achieve their business objectives in a safe, environmentally friendly and sustainable manner. The group will pilot a Co-Op program which, under direct supervision, performs basic and routine duties in a wide range of EHS disciplines to aid in maintaining compliance with internal EHS standards and, federal and state regulatory requirements. This position will supplement the existing EHS professionals in providing these services to business partners while receiving on the job experience and mentoring in the occupational safety, health and environmental protection fields. Desired duration of assignment is nine to 12 months.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of EHS programs, procedures, systems and associated training.
- Participate in safety inspections.
- Participate in recommending improvements in processes, design, procedures and equipment to minimize hazards.
- Assist with management of hazardous and non-hazardous waste and associated programs, including conducting quarterly waste inspections.
- Involved with EHS aspects of the new hire safety training and onboarding process.
- Take part in ergonomic assessments and assist with follow-up actions.
- Participate in contractor safety reviews.
- Assist in the statistical reporting process and preparation of EHS PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist in maintaining the US R&I EHS Community Internal Website.
- Participate in hazard and risk assessments.
- Participate as a member of the Research and Innovation Sustainability Committee (RISC).
- Participate in coordinating emergency response teams and drills.
- The Co-Op will also participate in various EHS training programs to further develop his / her knowledge in the EHS fields.
- Recommendation from department chair or professor.
- Must be enrolled in junior or senior year or, be within 18 months of graduation from 4 year undergraduate college or university with a concentration in Health Sciences, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety or related scientific discipline. Educational history must be continuous and no breaks greater than five months between diploma/degrees received.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written/oral), and organizational skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc).
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
- Computer proficiency and aptitude for technology.
- Must be able to work effectively in a matrix organization that provides services to multiple business partners.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.