The L’Oréal Tech Incubator is looking for an ambitious junior engineer to work alongside more senior engineers, product managers, and designers within the group. The Incubator team collaborates across all of L’Oréal’s many brands to find new technology opportunities and bring innovative products to market in the cosmetics world. This position will provide exposure to the latest device technology, expansive user experience considerations, and complex projects that combine hardware, software, and cosmetics formulation.
The applicant should have an interest in learning about connected hardware products and new technologies. The role will demand the ability to define product testing requirements, iterate through design-test prototyping cycles, and execute key deliverables—whether a presentation or a set of manufacturing drawings.
The position is based in Clark, NJ with expected occasional domestic travel (<5%).
- Design and execute experiments and testing related to connected hardware projects
- Design fixtures for testing/experiments
- Create executive-level reports of experiment results and recommendations
- Assist with in-store device setup and/or PR events for user testing and pilot programs
- Provide input on the expansion of the Tech Incubator prototyping lab
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Current student working toward a BS in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design preferred or a (rising) senior working towards a BS from a 4 or 5 year engineering program; will also consider Electrical Engineers with solid mechatronic experience
- Experience with mechatronics (electro-mechanical systems)
- Proficiency with CAD software (SolidWorks, ProE, NX) preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an ongoing basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.