POSITION: Credit Collections Specialist (Sub Distribution)
REPORTS TO: Director, Credit & Collections
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, FL (SalonCentric National Operations Center)
Assists in the credit / collection process for the Sub Distribution channel. Works closely with the customer portfolio on payments to be processed. Reviews and analyzes customer Accounts Receivables, status and trend. Maintains strong professional relationships with customers in the Sub Distribution portfolio.
- Review and analyze customer accounts in order to meet Accounts Receivable, DSO and Collection Goals.
- Researches and analyzes available internal and external reports for assigned customer portfolio to determine the release of incoming orders with Company credit risk policy / procedures to minimize risk exposure.
- Interfaces with Customer Care, Pricing, Traffic, Sales Departments to resolve customer issues timely regarding invoices, terms, pricing and shipping errors.
- Conducts calls / email to ensure timely payments, reduction of past due, resolution of claims / discrepancies and reduce bad-debt write-offs.
- Prepares bi-weekly ACH payment worksheets to ensure timely payments within the account terms.
- Prepares the daily ACH file and interacts closely with Cash Applications to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares customer specific projects.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated, credit, collection or accounts receivable experience and customer service.
- High school education or GED required.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Windows, Excel and Outlook are required.
- Attention to detail and focus on the task at hand is required.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability required.
- Able to handle difficult or challenging credit / collection situations with diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Able to work in a very fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Possess effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
SALON CENTRIC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND AFFORDS EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL APPLICANTS FOR ALL POSITIONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR ANY OTHER STATUS PROTECTED UNDER LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAWS.