L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty; it is now the industry world leader with €29 billion consolidated sales.
Today, L’Oréal includes 1700 tech positions and it’s constantly growing. Especially with our ambition to become the #1 BeautyTech company, meaning inventing the beauty of the future while becoming the company of the future.
BeautyTech will equip the Group with the key assets it needs to conquer this new world, where Tech has become strategic.
To achieve this ambition, L’Oréal needs to continue recruiting diverse, innovative, skilled, and passionate minds in different tech domains such as Data, Digital, Cloud, Cyber Security, IT Architecture, DevOps, Applications and Infrastructure.
HOLD ON, WHERE ARE OUR MANNERS?
WE HAVEN’T PRESENTED OUR TEAM!
L’Oréal is in a period of growth and transformation in data and is building dynamic and multidisciplinary teams from different backgrounds to deliver on our exciting mission to accelerate the company’s Beauty Tech transformation.
We are looking for a LATAM D&A Tech Lead to join the LATAM Data & Analytics team in delivering solutions and support for strategic data applications across the Zone.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO IN NUTSHELL!
Position: LATAM Data & Analytics Tech Lead
Reports to: LATAM Data & Analytics Domain Lead
Job description: Analyze, propose, and manage technical solutions for the implementation of Data & Analytics projects for the LATAM region, in alignment with the policies of the Americas Zone to respond to the needs of the subsidiaries in the region.
As a LATAM D&A Tech Lead you will:
- Manage the technical evaluation of projects from the LATAM D&A portfolio:
- Participate in the definition of business cases for D&A initiatives.
- Propose the initial technical architecture considering the ecosystem of available solutions.
- Cooperate with the technical teams to ensure compliance with the Group's IT guidelines and standards
- Manage the necessary technical committees in the feasibility stage of the initiative/project/product.
- Obtain time and cost estimates with the portfolio of vendors and technical teams of the AMER Zone.
- Document the technical decisions reached by the EA, Integrations, and IT Security instances, etc., to obtain the approval of the projects.
- Partner with D&A engineering and product teams on the technical execution of projects of the LATAM portfolio:
- Cooperate with IT project managers and technical teams (internal and external) in the project’s life cycle execution (planning, analysis, design, construction, testing, deployment, transition to operation), applying traditional, agile or hybrid methodologies.
- Keep abreast of emerging D&A trends and technologies to assess their value and applicability in the domain; trying to standardize the solutions and considering best practices.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED!
We love people that are curious, collaborative, eager to have an impact and who value innovation, autonomy, and team spirit. You value code simplicity, performance and details.
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience working with both distributed architectures, ETL, EDW and Big Data technologies
- 2+ years of experience with Google Cloud Services such as Streaming + Batch, Cloud Storage, Cloud Dataflow, Composer, DFunc, Big Query & Big Table
- Experience with data warehousing concepts and implementation of bronze, silver and gold layers and Integration with frontend tools
- Extensive experience working with SQL across a variety of databases
- Experience with DBT, Integration with Frontend Tools will be a plus
- Experience in Cross cloud, Inter-region data transfers/migration will be a plus
- Experience in Analytics/Visualization tools like PowerBI, Looker, Tableau
- Proven knowledge in implementing security & IAM requirements
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Intelligence
- Proven experience in managing vendor partner relationships and delivery of use cases in an offshore delivery/services model
- Verbal and written communication skills (Spanish, English, Portuguese is a plus)
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, able to thrive in a multi-cultural team
- Innovator with quick absorption of new technologies; strong understanding of technology solutions
- Resourceful, with a high sense of urgency, motivated to learning and to deliver the highest quality work
WAIT, THERE IS MORE! LET US GIVE YOU 4 OTHER REASONS TO JOIN US!
Joining L'Oréal means joining a company that: