POSITION: Data Science Manager
DEPARTMENT: Digital Marketing
REPORTS TO: AVP - CRM
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, FL or Remote
We are is searching for a professional with strong quantitative analytic skills and experience with complex consumer data who can apply those skills to generate dashboarding, predictive models and forward looking insights in order to help the business answer key questions, including how to optimize the performance of omni-channel sales (website, store and sales reps), drive more efficient/effective marketing, improve brand/marketing ROI, achieve both short and long term brand and equity objectives, optimize CRM and loyalty channel effectiveness and better forecast business performance.
Candidates need to be willing to work in fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Day-to-day data and project management for execution and activation of analytic initiatives
- Collaborate to determine analytic objectives, ensure data quality
- Identify business opportunities and make recommendations on possible segments to business teams
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Ensure data health through regular checks and troubleshoot any data flow issues with internal IT partners
- Utilize SQL to provide business partners ad hoc reporting from the DDM platform
- Pilot machine learning and AI tests for optimized consumer journeys and efficient marketing performance
- Deep understanding of SQL and ability to cull reports from complex customer data
- Technical expertise regarding database fundamentals (design, data models, advanced SQL writing and efficient querying), data mining/profiling and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting and visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) for producing operational and executive level dashboards
- Forward mindset regarding new uses of ML/AI
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using more advanced analytical techniques/languages (Python,
- R, etc.) a plus
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communication skills; ability to communicate complex quantitative ideas to direct team and larger organization
- Hands-on experience in quantitative data analysis
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
- Deep understanding of business practices and knowledge of the luxury/beauty industry a plus
- Strong analytic skills with ability to interpret analytic results and convert into insightful value for the brand
- Creative problem solver who enjoys thinking “outside the box” to solve complex problems.
- Ability to analyze complex analytic data sets and results and understand/diagnose potential quality issues and anomalies.
- Understanding of A/B and Multivariate testing techniques and measurements
- Knowledge of key digital marketing KPIs (CPC/CACs, LTRs, etc.) preferred
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally organized and a self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flawless customer-centric focus
- Proficiency with PowerPoint is a plus
- Experience working within a Marketing Division a plus
- 5-7 years proven working experience as a data analyst
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts
- of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Working proficiency of website analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Demandware etc) a must
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.