The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of this role?
L’Oréal Professionnel is our highest turnover brand in the Professional Products Division and the no.1 market leader in the professional hair industry, reaching thousands of salons across the UK and Ireland. L’Oréal Professionnel works in partnership with L’Oréal Professionnel salons to help hairdressers to dream, excel and succeed. Hair is the fashion accessory of today, worn every day to reflect the personality of the individual, as important to the total look as any item of catwalk clothing. Everything we do reflects this passionate interpretation - from our inspirational live shows, our partnership with Central Saint Martin’s College of Art & Design, to our seasonal colour collections. With L'Oréal Professionnel you'll be inspired to take fashion to your heart and create beautiful hair. The role is responsible for handling the brand’s total communications strategy encompassing both owned and earned media, reporting into the divisional digital engagement & communications director.
- Work with the Digital Engagement & Comms Director to devise & implement an integrated earned and owned media communications strategy
- Manage relations with the global brand team and ensure that the global strategy is activated alongside a relevant, localised plan
- Maximise and Activate the brand’s global celebrity muses signings in print and offline as well as growing and maintaining the brand’s consumer brand awards profile
What are the core competencies of this role?
- Devising and implementing a brand influencer marketing-related strategy to engage and grow the brand’s influencer community
- Partner with our prestigious salons and their clients to drive influences to experience professional hair services in salon including managing in-salon PR events
- Manage and execute high end consumer brand events e.g. Vogue Festival, in –salon events, sampling partnerships and more
Ideal candidate will have:
- Over 4 years solid PR experience working on challenger or fast growing beauty brands.
- Experience of creating and activating Fashion Week content and working with press & influencers to amplify global content
- Experience of working with celebrity and hair/beauty talent and creating national features, pitching and handling editorial shoots
- Experience of creating and implementing influencer outreach programmes
- A natural interest in alternative beauty, fashion and lifestyle.
- Natural content creator with experience and acumen for creating and implementing a holistic owned media strategy alongside earned.
- Strong press and influencer contacts in beauty and hair
- Experience in hair preferred but not essential
- Ability to present and manage upwards stakeholders
What are we looking for?
- Interest in alternative beauty
- Interest and knowledge of fashion, music and celebrity
- Entrepreneurial and maverick approach – a good out of the box thinking who is creative yet practical and can deliver novel ideas within budget
- Highly creative and socially engaged
- Self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- High energy and outgoing personality
What key skills are L’Oréal looking for?
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship
- Manages Complexity
- Achieves results with integrity
- Acts/Leads with human sensitivity
- Displays sensitivity to the métier
- Interacts effectively
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.