Manage package development and project management activities to assure timely and cost effective new product launches, promotions, and maintenance of basic business activities. Working Manager is responsible for own project workload as well as potential supervision of work load handled by team members . Active participation in identifying new and improved processes that will result in effective cost reduction / harmonization programs for new or existing products. In assigned project category lead package innovation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Research and develop packaging components.
- Provide direction to test and evaluate packaging components.
- Meeting coordination, minutes & follow-ups
- Guide Marketing in new product brief creation
- Communication Link (between the Division & Industrial teams)
- Project Development Timeline preparation and tracking
- Manage projects through QCP (all aspects)
- Feasibility Costs and COG analysis
- Risk Analysis coordination & communication
- Aesthetic/Color Approvals with Marketing
- Value Analysis support to plant and team
- Research and Development coordination
- Manage project work as necessary or required.
- Interface with all manufacturing management and associated or related functional areas.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends within the PD discipline.
- Provide Development support to team members as needed on project launches; example: guidance on feasibility costing as they relate to aesthetic choices to assure timely cost effective launch.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Minimum 5 - 7 years experience in proven package development project work/quality experience, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
- French Language skill is a plus
- Travel to vendors and plants will be a requirement (10-15% of time)
- Proficient PC skills - MS Office software and capable of building presentations on Excel and/or PowerPoint. Also Proficient in the use of MS Project.
- Good communication skills, to be able to deal effectively with all levels of our organization AND our suppliers.
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information.
- Assume Leadership role of Brand Development team and special projects as needed.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends and technologies.
- Marketing staff (DMI teams U.S. Marketing )
- Middle Management Levels, AVP, VP and Senior VP DMI and US Marketing Management
- Manufacturing staff (Manufacturing – MSL, Logistics, Purchasing and UP)
- Technical development teams (Packaging & International Development)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.