Director, Global Marketing
Reports to: AVP, Global Marketing
Active Cosmetics Division
Hudson Yards, NY
In the Active Cosmetics Division, we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands (CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche Posay, Vichy and Dermablend) lead the way in skin care innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver their promises. We invest heavily in research and development, and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists, and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
Our mission is to make a positive impact on people's lives. We are driven by human values of trust, respect and authenticity. Our teams work in a dynamic, supportive environment and on meaningful projects that are changing the future of medical beauty. If you want to lead in innovation, technology and research, and you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, serving communities and acting for the planet, please join us!
As the #1 brand recommended by Dermatologists in the USA, CeraVe is a leader in mass medical skincare. At CeraVe we believe that everyone has a right to healthy skin and are on a mission to provide therapeutic and accessible skincare to every person in the world. With sales of ~900MM€ globally in 2020 (+89% vs YA), CeraVe is quickly expanding across all continents to become the leader in mass medical skincare and will become L’Oreal’s next billion dollar brand.
Who we are looking for:
CeraVe is looking to expand our Global Marketing Team by creating the role of Director of Marketing.
The Director of Global Marketing will play a key role in CeraVe’s global expansion, product launches, and brand vision. We are looking for a candidate with a strong DMI background who can lead a team of two and oversee several product categories including Facial Moisturizers, Baby, and Acne in addition to foundational brand initiatives such as our Diversity and Sustainability platforms. The ideal candidate will also be driven, comfortable working in a fast pace environment, and possess skincare development experience.
Manage New Product Development:
- Oversee categories of Facial Moisturizers, Baby, Diabetes, Itch & Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne & SA, and Hand Cream.
- Using consumer and scientific insights, trends, and product knowledge, build 3-year product innovation plan for the brand that addresses business needs and meets Brand DNA. Partner with Labs and Industrial Development team to ensure product feasibility and appropriate development timelines.
- Responsible for end to end project launch (insights, formula direction, packaging design, artwork, claims, launch strategy) and partnership with Zone and Market Teams to ensure comprehensive and on-time 360 launch.
- Oversee concept development: incorporation of consumer and scientific insights to create meaningful and innovative product positioning, in alignment with business needs and brand equity.
- Oversee product development process, including formula approvals, for both new products and existing product reformulations.
- Oversee the end-to-end claims process, including clinical testing and medical studies.
- Ensure the overall feasibility and profitability of projects through cost of goods management.
- Create vision for product packaging and work with creative on package development. Oversee artwork process including reviewing and approving all mechanicals.
- Assist with conducting market / consumer analyses to provide insights on brand challenges, risks, and opportunities.
- Work with Global Consumer Research to analyze global category research and support developing action plans for various product categories.
Oversee Brand Initiatives:
- Oversee CeraVe’s Diversity and Inclusion strategy and execution.
- Oversee CeraVe’s Sustainability (L’Oreal for the Future) strategy and execution.
Manage Global Marketing Activations:
Work with cross-functional partners and agencies to:
- Brief and create integrated consumer launch plans including hero assets, POS displays, social assets, PDP copy, social activations, educational videos and more.
- Brief and create medical activation plans including medical conference activations, Ad Board presentations, and core visual aids and more.
- Ensure content meets the Brand DNA.
- Manage production budget and drive cost efficiencies.
Strategic Meeting Management:
- Support management meeting agendas for international meetings.
- Develop materials and ensure quality of those presented.
- Effectively present to senior management.
- Coordinate communication across Zones.
- Ensure global consistency of product launches and marketing plans.
- Oversee relationship between the DMI and Canada, Eastern Europe, and Western Europe.
- Manage two direct reports ensuring quality and timeliness of all projects.
- Create and track development plans for each direct report.
- Lead and motivate team to accomplish personal and business goals.
- 6-8 years of related business experience.
- 3+ years prior experience in Global Marketing and/or Product Development in consumer packaged goods or beauty.
- Skincare experience is preferred.
- 2+ years prior experience managing a team.
- Experience working collaboratively with Labs on a new product or renovation.
- Experience successfully launching and managing a new product or renovation through its entire life cycle.
- Experience briefing and managing external creative agencies to bring creative concepts to life.
- Proactive, ability to self-manage projects, ability to overcome obstacles independently.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially PowerPoint.
- Presentation skills: ability to influence internal and external stakeholders through persuasive presentations.
- Leadership skills: ability to demonstrate leadership within brand team and cross-functional partners.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrates L’Oréal Competencies: Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Achiever, and Innovator.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally p
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.