Job Title: Director, Human Resources - STORES (MidWest/West Regions)
Reports to: Assistant Vice President, Human Resources - Stores, SalonCentric
Location: Valencia, CA preferred / Would consider working remotely based in Southern CA
The Human Resources Director (for Stores) will work closely with the AVP of HR Stores and VP HR SalonCentric in developing and implementing the store-wide employee strategy, creating the culture and driving the strategy within the national store network. Position requires management and oversight of employee relations, high-volume recruitment, talent retention, guiding field management on performance management issues, and knowledge of federal and state employment practices, preferably for the State of CA labor law compliance. Position requires effective leadership interacting and supporting the zone Vice President, Regional Directors and District Managers, and the ability to oversee day-today HR activities for a regional store network comprised of 285 stores and an employee population of 1,100. This position has 2 direct reports.
- Identify opportunities in HR initiatives to support the store business, and collaborate on design and execution of solutions with senior leaders.
- Actively pursue knowledge of client’s business practices, organization structure, roles and responsibilities to fully understand the business.
- Build relationships with client groups including field management and senior level management.
- Guides field management through organization development and change management initiatives including organization design/evolution/development, restructuring, etc.
- Collaborate and recommend actions that enhance work efficiecies and increase employee engagement.
Staffing, Development & Succession Planning
- Ability to lead, manage and develop HR team in value-added work and drive results.
- Drive recruitment strategy and selection activities. Must understand the retail environment and ensure talent benchmark for candidate selection in an evolving organization
- Work with senior managers to ensure successful on boarding practices for new hires
- Proactively manage and analyze employee turnover, identifying retention trends and strategies.
- Own talent management and succession planning process for assigned employee population.
- Provide guidance and collaborate on internal management development Regional Directors, District Managers and Store Managers.
- Partner with management/human resources team to resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Provide coaching and counseling to field management as needed.
- Collaborate with Legal Counsel on issues as appropriate.
- Manage the salary budget/headcount process for assigned Client Group.
- Collaborate with Corporate Total Rewards on compensation activities.
- Drive the merit review and compensation process, ensuring consistent and fair decisions in regards to promotion, bonus and salary increase recommendations.
- Minimum BA/BS degree required.
- Minimum 7 years diverse and progressive Human Resources experience in a generalist capacity dealing with complex business and Human Resources issues (employee relations, coaching/counseling, change management, etc.)
- Strong experience in retail or similar fast-paced, high-volume recruitment environment preferred.
- Proven experience building, developing and managing a team.
- Experience interacting and influencing management level population.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% and work weekends as necessary to attend and participate in industry meetings and events.
- Creative problem solving and solid business acumen.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements.
- Ability to drive and support change initiatives.