Director of National Accounts:Food Broker Management
Consumer Products Division, L’Oreal USA
Los Angeles, CA
The Director of National Accounts will be responsible for the sell-in and sell-through of a forecasted dollar volume and mix of products for FOOD and MILITARY accounts. This role will be responsible for acting as key liaison between the brand, our brokers for Food Accounts and Small Chains, our broker for the Military Accounts and our customers. The Director of National Accounts will interact with buying office in all aspects of the ordering process to ensure the company’s net goals are met, and playing an instrumental role in the planning and execution of sales and marketing initiatives in the Food, Small Chains and Military channels of distribution.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Full execution and optimization of sales fundamentals in order to proactively drive shipments, net sales, and market share growth in conjunction with brokers and retail customers.
- Develop and implement strategies, training programs, promotional programs and business plans that will increase the brands’ success, while taking into consideration the needs of each national/local account and respecting the brands’ image.
- Ensure that the brand has a maximized presence at the point of sale in order to win market share.
· Provide senior management with accurate monthly forecasts that include gross sales, returns and markdowns for each assigned customer.
- Responsible for elevating the in-store presence of the brand and following the brand guidelines as established by the Global and Local Marketing teams.
- The Director of Sales will work with senior management to develop merchandising objectives and research current merchandising practices
- Utilize strategic thinking to solve problems, capitalize on business opportunities and communicate crucial market, trade and competitive information to senior management, proposing potential solutions and actions steps.
- Utilize available resources, including Sales and Marketing data, industry and account information, demographic information, etc. to help forecast business and prepare account presentations.
- Bachelor degree and minimum of 5+ years’ experience in sales in the Beauty Industry.
- Deep knowledge of beauty and personal care, specifically for given category
- Great communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively monitor, analyze, interpret and communication business information
- Strong negotiation skills
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others
- Full cycle project management experience a plus
- Passionate about outcome and results orientated
- Previous experience in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Wholesale Distribution/consumer goods background a plus
- Experience working with brokers a plus
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with ability to learn and navigate internal systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.