Job Description Form
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Director – Omni Marketing, Sephora
Function: Marketing – Direct
Supervisor Title: FSVP – Assisted Open Sell (Sephora & Ulta)
FLSA status: Exempt
Location: 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001
Section 2: Job Summary:
Objective of this position is to develop Sephora specific projects for Lancome to impact shopper behavior and improve retailer performance. Accountable for category/brand growth through developing customer-specific programs for retailer, maximizing Shopper & retailer engagement. Build and drive relationships with retailer’s marketing, social, advertising and operations team developing 360 Omni-channel retailer programs. Identifying white space opportunities. The goal is to own better quality inventory by door which would improve retail sales and increase profitability.
Reinforce strategic roadmap
- Identify priority launches and find synergies between national tactics and Sephora needs
-Collaborate and co-create marketing plans with category team alignment for launches and pillars supporting winning strategy
-Lead local adaptation of national assets and content for Sephora
-Ensure that sampling and sets strategy and creative support overarching objectives
-Work with the DMI hub on new consumer trends, product opportunities, and develop enticing innovative makeup skus.
Influence and manage the creative process
-Partner with category teams and DMI to drive initiatives forward
-Responsible for managing and updating Sephora planograms. Work cross-functionally with marketing, creative, and the Sephora planogram team to meet launch deadlines.
Partner with Sephora team
-Create launch strategies, reinforce product and category priorities, and gain deeper consumer and channel insights.
-Maintain and monitor budget
-Ensure sales forecast accuracy and build out bottoms up retails and ambition by launch (in conjunction with Sell In team and demand planning)
Provide direction, training, coaching and development to project teams and direct report
Conduct competitive and consumer data analysis
-Leverage learnings to impact marketing tactics and go to market strategies
Section 3: Job Requirements: (Typical years of experience, skills, certification and academic background to perform this job):
-Proven track record of account relationship management
-Demonstrated knowledge of eRetail and online sales
-Interact effectively, including negotiation skills
-Demonstrated analytical approach to business and management
-Ability to influence other functions
-Ability to make decisions aligned with commercial fundamentals and maximize P&L
-5-7 years of demonstrated sales/marketing results and experience in working in a multi-functional team.
-MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Self starter
- Strong analytical ability
- Entrepreneurial work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making: (Describe the nature and impact of decisions required for this position as well as the type of supervision required for this position from the following; Close, Moderate, Intermittent, None:
Judgment decisions need to be made regarding the appropriate allocations and ordering.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements (if applicable – i.e. lifting – exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment):
Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
Section 6: Financial Scope (If applicable):
Annual Budget Responsibility: $ Manage/ Track Spend by account and budget
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary duties/responsibilities of the job. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
1. Reinforce strategic roadmap
2. Influence and manage the creative process
3. Partner with Sephora team
4. Manage budget
5. Provide direction, training, coaching and development to project teams and my direct report
6. Conduct competitive and consumer data analysis
Section 8: Required Competencies:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary competencies that are core requirements for this position, in order of importance. Different from job responsibilities, these are “soft skills” that are required for success. Please refer to the L’Oreal USA MAP competencies. Examples include managing complexity, interacts effectively, innovates, etc.
1. Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
2. Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty
3. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision
4. Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity (i.e. participates in creative controversy using insightful questioning)
5. Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
6. Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
7. Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.