Provide strategic leadership in overseeing the Distribution operations for the PPD division. Responsibilities include Domestic and Export order processing, Transportation scheduling and Shipping coordination to ensure that all production schedules are upheld. Provide vision and leadership to ensure all operational guidelines, safety procedures and productivity standards are maintained. Responsibilities will include the management and supervision of the daily workflow of the transportation and shipping department.
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Distribution Center
- In-depth knowledge of all modes of transportation: trailer load, LTL, air, ocean and parcel.
- Knowledge of freight payment operations, transportation costing and analysis and carrier negotiations.
- Strong import and export background
- Knowledge in an automated picking system
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience required.
- Strong leadership, analytical, project management, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and
- Computer proficiency including SAP, Word, Excel and automated picking systems (pick-to-lights technology) required.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure Domestic and Export order processing production schedules are upheld.
- Ensure Transportation scheduling and Shipping coordination meets / exceeds customer requirements and expectations.
- Evaluate existing operations to recommend and implement improvements affecting productivity, accuracy, quality and service level.
- Develop and coach the distribution management team to improve and maintain a productive and efficient operation.
- Communicate and support all operational initiatives and programs (CEDAC, VPP, etc) to foster a culture focused on safety and productivity
- Ensure all inventory is maintained and accurately reported.
- Represent the Distribution operation for inter-departmental communications, meetings, tours, presentations and initiatives as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.