Job Title: Director Social Advocacy and Community Management
Division: Active Cosmetics Division
Brand: LaRoche Posay
Reports to: VP Marketing
Location: 10 Hudson Yards, NY NY
The Social & Advocacy Director, is responsible for driving a successful 360 social strategy across owned channels (currently: Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest, Youtube, Twitter) for LaRoche Posay. They will manage the brand digital editorial calendar and content creation, community management, social media advertising as well as influencer relations and activation. The Social & Advocacy Director is an expert on social platforms and measures success by analyzing KPI metrics regularly. Their goal is to create a strategy which drives awareness and brand love/trust for La Roche-Posay in the USA while best representing the brand in the social space in a way consistent with the global brand image. They report to the VP of Marketing and will manage 1 direct report, the Social & Advocacy Manager and will work collaboratively with the Marketing team and cross-functionally with other key stakeholders on the brand and with agencies (creative, influencer management platforms etc).
Key Job Accountabilities:
Social Media Calendar and Content Creation
- Develop social platform strategy and structure, ensure monthly content calendar represents brand’s priorities from product to tentpole.
- Implement test & learn strategy to develop top performing content. Elevate local US content based on engagement best practices per priority channels: Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest. Drive ranking up in Digital Brand Pulse Index Social Vertical.
- Collaborate with extended brand team (PR, Medical, Sales, Marketing…) to stay abreast of important news and achievements around the brand, allowing to develop reactive content.
- Liaise with Marketing Franchise managers to develop content (briefing agency to shoot imagery and select best shots, pulling content from LRP global team when relevant for the US market).
- Lead 110% community management strategy - reach 100% responsiveness on comments & reply, reach 100% responsiveness on mentions, and scale proactive community management on all owned social media channels. Manage Customer Care and Agency Community Manager. Manage appropriate agency support and structure.
- Stays informed of the L’Oreal Corporate policy and answers to common sensitive topics.
- Manage various strategies to grow community and engagement such as Giveaways, Q&As, Proactive Outreach etc.
Social Media Advertising
Lead and execute social media advertising strategies on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Snapchat to promote key products and marketing campaigns. Scope includes creative, targeting and budgeting.
- Collaborate with brand media lead to execute each media plan.
- Collaborate with brand media lead to regularly analyze and report performance of ad campaigns to optimize on-going and upcoming campaigns and ensure the brand is reaching its pre-defined KPIs and goals.
- Liaise with internal and external partners to stay on top of new advertising tools and make recommendation for utilizing new social capabilities as they become available.
Advocacy Marketing Management
- Drive ranking up in Digital Brand Pulse Index Advocacy and Influencer Verticals.
- Lead advocacy strategy - paid & organic, to drive reach, views, and total engagement.
- Develop influencer campaign calendar to align with key brand moments, increase brand awareness, and user generated content.
- Lead always on organic advocacy strategy and seeding program to increase brand love, mentions, and user generated content.
- Ensure growth of key brand tribes, medical and consumer, across paid and organic touchpoints.
- Develop relationships with VIP influencers.
Qualifications and Educational Background:
- Bachelor's degree required, in communications, marketing or business or related field.
- 5-7 years social media experience in beauty – skincare experience preferred.
- Interest for fields related to health, beauty and dermatology.
- Self-starter able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and multi-task multiple projects.
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively, and to balance competing demands and priorities in a very fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Professional and diplomatic style with a positive manner, attention to detail and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent written skills.
- Budgeting and KPI reporting/analyzing experience required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel required.
- Advanced proficiency on Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Ad Manager, Youtube and Twitter required.
- Proficiency in social-media management platforms a plus (Sprinklr, Trackrr, Netbase etc…)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.