Job Title Consumer Products Division - Sourcing - Sr Buyer
Reports To: Senior Mgr Direct Sourcing
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to flawlessly execute product launches
- Supplier selection and management - from pre-assessment to implementation (in alignment with category team);
- Timely managed quoting process, providing most optimal possible costs first time;
- Partner with technical packaging and supply chain teams to ensure proper design and servicing parameters are set-up / delivered;
- Ensure proper implementation support, pro-activity addressing potential lead-time and capacity issues;
- Track & report projects progress;
- Archive required e-mails/documentation (according to L’Oréal policies & procedures);
- For CMs and non-indexed ACs: Include new SKU number(s) accompanied by all pricing details in the archived price list;
- For indexed ACs: Ensure new codes are included in the Price Breakdown Tool and treats in the tool.
- Gather business and market insights/trends, translating those into sourcing actions for top and/or bottom line improvement
- Serve as primary point of contact for brands and plants;
- Lead/Co-Lead Money-To-Value (MTV) discussions, driving gross margin improvement beyond PPV;identifying potential projects with the help of supplier visits and understanding the technical aspect of components and effect on price
- Participate in panier and trend sessions with development/marketing, supporting targeted innovation and L’Oreal for the future sustainability projects that takes in consideration supplier’s capacities, capabilities, strengths and weaknesses;
- Actively work on benchmark activities.
- Prepare and present major highlights, results and business needs to internal stakeholders
- Prepare and present key financial performance updates (PPV, Trend, Pre-Budget & Budget);
- Provide the category and cross-regional teams with needs and priorities for strategies construction, effectively and efficiently communicating anything that can impact the overall relationship with the suppliers (SRM);
- Share product supply / supply base strategy and purchasing driven results (savings projects, PPV, Trend, etc…) with brands and other key internal stakeholders.
- Manage all aspects of supplier’s operational and financial performance
Pricing for Ongoing and launch SKUs
- Validate all new/updated pricing in partnership with Category Sourcing;
- Own and update ADA (SAP) with new/updated pricing and corresponding parameters (Incoterms, MOQ, currency, payment terms, freight, duties, etc.);
- ADA new code management – Monitor, prioritize and input;
- Support the resolution of invoices and payment discrepancies with internal stakeholders and suppliers;
- Contribute to the development and evolution of tools to improve efficiency and accuracy of these processes;
- Request the creation of overhead and MyMarket/SRM purchase orders.
Issues management and risk mitigation
- Provide timely / actionable information for corrective actions to be taken where necessary to both the suppliers and stakeholders;
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance/Engineering/Supply Chain or similar discipline;
- 2+ years purchasing experience;
- High degree of financial and analytical aptitude a must;
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills;
- Exceptionally strong Excel and MS office skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to handle various situations, multiple priorities, changing business needs as well as the diverse personalities within L’Oréal and the supplier community.
Strategic vision: Embraces complexity and anticipates what is needed | Always has the big picture in mind.
Ambition: Displays a desire to broaden responsibilities | Constantly seeks to learn and progress; enjoys and performs well under first time conditions.
Negotiation: Appetite and desire for getting the best possible price or outcome, using tactis/persuasion/influence on both internal and external stakeholders.
Judgement: Has a feel for timing | Self-aware | Adheres to the L’Oréal ethical principles and acts.
Leadership: Persuades and gains support | Has a significant presence and impact on others.
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $Minimum-$Midpoint (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home) [*please keep only if applicable*]
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.